KLLM pay increase--biggest in the company's history

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by lual, Jan 23, 2022.

1. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    I recall meeting some KLLM drivers in Nashville in early 90’s. Company had given them a .02 raise in lieu of loading/unloading pay. Now over the course of the day that would amount to maybe $15.:eek:
    As well the company supplied no mudflaps, so the guys started pulling out mudflaps from their storage to go on a “excursion” to Gatlinburg,,,,many of the drivers also bought their own chrome do dads and bling to dress up their trucks…only thing dressing up my truck was a very cute honey I’d invited for a 2 week road trip….she liked my pig on the dash,,,and she referred to me as “DITCH PIG…not for the ditch but some items I had handy for adult activities..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Hmmmm, I hope she got to keep what you used for adult activities or you disposed of them. :eek: Now back to the main topic maybe.

4. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Was told today that my dedicated acct was getting a 10 cent bump as well as a $1500 minimum guarantee per week. If I was otr I’d have gone from 49 to 62, and it sounds like I’m going to 59 instead, but maybe the person that I spoke to is mistaken. Most other dedicateds already went to starting at 60. No mention of practical miles and I forgot to ask.

I’ve spoken to other drivers on this account who were always vigilant about getting layovers added to bump up the to minimum guaranteed. They told me it was supposed to be the minimum each week and coming from otr, I was always used to it avging out over the weeks. I don’t like calling in more then needed and since it did mostly avg out, I was happy as is.

Maybe changing from minimum miles to dollars will make it easier to manage on their end. It’d definitely be a little in my favor for the bad weeks to get boosted while I keep the good weeks.

5. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Kllm what are the avg miles a week (otr, regional, dedicated)? Detention pay? Layover pay? Bad Weather shutdown pay (like marten)?, Breakdown pay? If you breakdown they have national loves ta petro Maintenance accounts for drivers? Any bonuses? Pto? Etc...the rundown :)

6. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    On otr I avgd about 2600mi a week, but because of hometime, I never really got the productivity bonus. idk about regional, most of our successful lease ops seem to be there. My current dedicated acct is about 3300mi a week, but sometimes I can have multiple cancelled loads.

OTR detention and layover unaffected afaik, was at $10 starting after 3hrs, max $100 per day; layover was $50 a day. My dedicated acct is no dentention, layover is $150-200 a day. Bad weather and break down would just be layover pay. I don’t think I’ve ever asked for layover due to weather but I’ve gotten it for breakdowns.

We do have shopconnect acct (not sure on actual name). Sometimes roadbreakdown has long hold times but it’s pretty rare. Most of the time when I call, it’s been like 1-2 max ahead of me. I’ve always found them to be pretty responsive to me and usually they approve requests faster then it takes the shop to type it in. I’ve spoken to shops before who say they have to sometimes wait on other companies to get around to approving, but I just haven’t had anything like that with Kllm.

OTR has a 5 cpm productivity bonus, I think it’s 2200 or 2300mi per week for a month. Some months are 4 weeks, others 5 weeks. I unfortunately never got it consistently because I’d go home. No safety or fuel bonus. No opti-idle limits either even tho I’d occasionally get a msg about my percent, I always responded with you control the miles; if you don’t want me to idle, give me more miles.

OTR and regional now gets $100 per day during hometime. We accrue at 2 days per 7 days out. Caps at 14, no carry-over, you lose what you don’t take (but you’d get paid for it all). 7 days is max with same trk, longer you get asked to clean out. For example, you work 9 weeks, 9 x 2 = 18, but capped at 14. You take 4 days hometime, you lose the other 10 days, but you’d still get paid $1400. I believe the minimum out time is 7 days, must request 7 days in advance and I’m told most company drivers stay out around 2 weeks before having up to 4 days off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.