KNIGHT-mare

Discussion in 'Knight' started by MattMichigan, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Who ever is "fixing" the trailers (putting new stickers on) is going to need a crowbar, to get my foot outta his a55. New effin sticker on trailers with major issues pisses me off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Knights an odd bunch of lazy idiots. So desperate for drivers they are the only company I have ever worked for that allows it's drivers to verbally abuse them. Seriously, you steal from me and then get annoyed when called out on it ? Interesting to say the least.

4. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Now you've been with Knight long enough to know their INCOMPETENCE is only limited by their IMAGINATION!

5. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Inspection Selection System (ISS-D) Recommendation*
    (As of January 22, 2010)
    Carrier Name: KNIGHT TRANSPORTATION INC
    US DOT #: 428823 MC #: 227271
    ISS Inspection Value:98
    ISS Recommendation:INSPECT
    Basis for Recommendation:Safety

And, the fun is only beginning!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    MrBig Thanks this.
  6. MrBig

MrBig Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Thank you for posting the ISS-D number. I actually checked it out, as I should have before I started working for this company. I think I'm just going to turn the keys in when I get back to my home terminal. Sad Panda, TruckerDave you guys are both CORRECT and I think this plays a big part in their safety rating. Dispatchers that think you can pull loads without paperwork? DOT loves hearing this one, "uh ya officer, I have no idea what's in the trailer, how much it weighs or where it came from...but my driver manager said it was okay to just go ahead and roll with it." or, "no, no, no you only need hazmat permits if it's over 11,000 lbs." So far as their "trailer mechanics" go, I've yet to meet one. But some how all of these trailers have DOT inspection stickers on them. If the DOT wants to improve safety, they will hire more DOT officers whose specific job it is to go out and inspect or at least certify inspections. Picked up a trailer the other day with a fresh DOT and wouldn't ya know it, 2 bad tires and sidetrack about a foot to the right.

7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    When I was out of SLC, We didn't get our Trailer mechanic until my second year. He was actually really good and worked hard! But before that, I would see the regular mechanics go out, kick a few tires,if they even walked back to the rear and then put the stickers on. Never heard on them making drivers go without BOL's. I always had mine or didn't touch the load. There were sometimes I was picking up a loaded from the yard and the dummy before me turned in the BOL with his paperwork. I simply didn't haul it. Speaking of bad tires,LOL. I picked one up in tacoma that had 2 tires on the rear,rright axle that were so bald, they looked like race slicks. Drove over to a les swuabe and swapped them out. Kept them and brought them back to the terminal. The previous driver that dropped that trailer got into some deep crap for leaving them like that.

Sucks about their safety rating,,,but when you mess with the bull, you're bound to get the horns

8. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    LOL, picked up an MT at Columbus OH one time that had one tire MISSING on the trailer, nothing but the rim! Shouldn't need 8 tires for an MT trailer anyway, right?

9. truckers

truckers Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I should have found this site before I start work for knight-mare. I'm looking for new job now. All you guys say is true, they are cheap, lying SOB's. You get no miles, no pay, no home time. Most of the time you sit somewhere waiting. this company is no different than any other bottom feeder. I used to work for another bottom feeder, before starting at knight. If its a mega company its all the same ####, just different day (bottom feeder). Good think I found this site (a little too late:(). Know one thing. With knight-mare all u get is lies, from orientation to the day you quit or get fired. Lies, lies and more lies. When they tell you something, know its a lie. Do yourself a favor and don't even apply, not only with knight-mare, but any mega "carrier". I have pictures of some of their tires that are legal, missing pieces of rubber from the side wall. I have to find them and i'll post them. The driver sacrifices everything for this job. Your life, your family, your time, your health and all you want is to be treated like human being and being paid for what you have done and what you deserve. Hopefully I will find a better company that I can make money with. Running 1200 miles a week OTR 3-4 weeks at a time just doesn't cut it. This company works same as CRE. First month they give you loads then they start cutting back. Eventually you quit, they find another honest person to lie to. Now when I look back at orientation I realize how everything was lies and propaganda.

10. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Sorry you're having problems. What is your truck number? I am going to a banquet tonight where Kevin Knight and his wife will be attending, and I will relay your problems to him.

"Running 1200 miles a week OTR 3-4 weeks at a time just doesn't cut it. " How many loads did you refuse?

11. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Looks like you just tipped your hand....see my previous post and your gung-Ho response:

And, as I said to bigblue, "You're intentions are ALSO very suspicious, to say the least..!!" Enjoy your banquet with all the top weinies...:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.