Knight Transportation, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by white horse, Nov 25, 2006.

1. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    If your only complaint is your DM, why not get a new one? I'd be talking to whoever I could, be it the term manager, safety, another DM...anybody. And I'd tell them just what you just said...either I get a DM that can do a better job, or here's my 2 week notice.
    I'm on my 4th DM in 2+ years...1st one got promoted, 2nd couldn't find his ### with both hands and a road map, 3rd one I got promoted away from...

knighton5 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Exactly, get a new DM, or find a carrier that will fit your needs. The truth of the matter is, Your dispatcher or Load planner is half of your success! If you dont have that, its really a rough road. Ive met several good drivers that have terrible DM's and I really feel sorry for them. Some DM's make sure the drivers are running, and others just "go with the flow". Its time for a change if your in a RUT. Put in 100% percent and hopefully the other half does there part. Everyone has there personal prefrence on how they run, or how many miles they run, but if you dont match with your DM than its time to make a change. Good Luck

4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I wouldn't even bother. A truly dedicated professional driver will be nothing but hindered at Knight. Why play games with them in the first place. Your dealing with a company that scrapes up DM's from college job fairs. Being happy is a great thing but you can probably do much better than Knight which is nothing more than your typical low cost mega value junk carrier. I tried every which way but loose to try to make them some money but their over flowing incompetence and junk freight just would not allow that to happen. They really only need x amount of miles out every truck to be profitable. x varies from terminal to terminal but x is nowhere near what a driver should be consistently running week in and week out without fail. They have a low cost per mile and the individual driver is nothing more than a disposable piece of trash.

Hey my terminal sucked, my terminal manager was an idiot, but I have to do my part just so people can get the good bad and ugly.

5. knighton5

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City

What Terminal? Most of the freight base for Knight is west coast. Everything you describe doesnt fit my scenario with them, lucky me.
    By the way, what company should a truly dedicated professional driver apply at?

6. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I live in the middle of the country. Your right Knights freight base is in the west. Where should a truly dedicated driver go work ? A small company can't afford to sit around. One that doesn't have one size fits all rules that hinder your performance. One that allows you to make decisions on your own about things like routing and fueling.

The thing is my expieriance at Knight sucked. They wouldn't let me run 500-700 miles a day. Yea I know poor me but too poor salt in the wound they stole money from my pocket and held my truck hostage for most of a day to change a tire. Just a poorly run operation that went out of their way to waste money.

I'm happy for anyone that does well at Knight. I don't know why people take it personal when I bash them. BUT instead of asking me why I'd rather lick the sweat off a stripper pole than spend another day trying to make some money at Knight maybe we should discuss why they run orientation at every terminal every week to replace drivers that have quit.

IMO Knight is the supreme mega junk carrier setting the standard for all that is cheap.

truckerdave1970 and Beechvtail Thank this.
  7. XKnightDriver

XKnightDriver Bobtail Member

May 10, 2010
    AnywhereUSA
    If you are a good driver with morals then don't waste you time at Knight. If you are a loser that is just trying to dodge something at home so you want to live in a truck for minimum wage then Knight is your home.

8. knighton5

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Home every week west coast!!!!

9. ccat

ccat Bobtail Member

May 15, 2010
    that guy is on the mark. i only drove for them for a month. every load was awful and put you in a position of going over hours. i was not paid either for my last week until i hired an attorney and sued them. they said i never handed in my paperwork which was a lie. they are a bad company to drive for. i never got the miles i was promised. it sickens me these companies out there ruin your career by lies and decietfulness. i was in the same boat with too many jobs in 3 years because of 2 companies that did not keep their end of the bargain. both were brought to court and i won my cases against them but still hurts when seeking employment elsewhere. use your rights, dont back down from companies. it pays to sue them

10. Batteries Not Included

Batteries Not Included Bobtail Member

May 5, 2010
    Northeast Pa.
    Good thread drivers..I had heard a lot about this company,most of it non flattering.Seems to be a good company to avoid.Typical bottom feeder,meat grinder outfit..

11. Dna Mach

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Also interesting is the fact they never seem to run out of people willing to do a job they could do elsewhere for twice the money. Idealy you want to leave home and work hard for the duration your out. But due to overflowing idiotic decisions made with 5'oclock in mind, this doesn't happen. Nothing like being trapped out on the road for three weeks and running 4500 miles and then they want to call you at home asking you when you want to leave out again. That's when I quit. First time in my life I quit a job without finding a new one first but it was the best feeling ever. I've done more work in the first five months of 2010 than I had done in the first 9 months of 2009 with Knight and the longest I've been out for is 5 days. I guess the economy is fine, my terminal manager was just a worthless dishonest dch-bag.

Stay away from Knight, forget about all the injustice towards drivers that Knight magnifies ten-fold for a second and think about your earnings and how Knight could care less if a driver lost his home. Yay Knight !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.