Knight Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by chicken hauler, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Gearfloater

Gearfloater Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Baltimore maryland
    Hi All.
    I am a former Knight driver. and I must say that I find it hard to believe that you were working for .15cpm. I am not saying that it didn't happen. I just find it hard to believe. I was operating out of Columbus Ohio, in the refer division and I must say that my team was outstanding and above exceptional. I am really sorry that this happened to you and your wife, because the people on my team would not tolerate this kind of nonsense for a minute. believe me when I say this. They can create a job opening faster than u can blink an eye. If I as a former Knight employee witnessed this kind of behavior of this happening to someone's wife regardless of who they are, I as a man would step up and defend her honor myself and would not let them getaway with this kind of behavior.
    They would be held accountable and I would get truck numbers, trailer numbers, dates and times, the people who I reported it to and their names and numbers. Then I will follow up on this and hold everyone accountable in the process until a decision is made as to why this person would commit employee suicide by disrespecting anyone. I have zero tolerance for these sub humans who have no respect at all.
    Keep the pressure up and continue to follow through with your claim.
    You can always go to the EEO feds outside the company too.
    Thanks

pattyj Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Why would anybody want to work for a company like this? It's obvious Knight hates their drivers and the drivers hate their employee. You don't need to train drivers. You hire experienced drivers, but you can't BS them all day or you won't have any drivers....so you open a trucking school.

People who defend Knight are such angry people. Cry us a river, it's entertaining. :biggrin_2559:

truckinmike1984 Thanks this.
  4. Tallman67122

Tallman67122 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    Yes Knight is a Non-forced dispatch still. Only thing is i don't turn a load down like alot of drivers do. Maybe that is why i get the good loads? Maybe that is why i average 3400- 4200 miles per week? I have turned down maybe 4 loads in my time with Knight. My other driving job with NFI i turned 1 down. It is what you make of it. Will I stay with Knight? No. Reason: There is always a better opportunity out there somewhere. For the time being though i will be with Knight until at least my 5th year of driving. Dont get me wrong Knight is not perfect but far from screwed up.
    Oh and if i did offend you let me say sorry for that. Just it bothers me when people bash the company i work for. Hope there will be no hard feelings ok.

5. zip912

zip912 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Bradenton florida
    maybe his wife is to blame for coming on to the dispatchers for trying to get a better load??? just saying..

6. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I call ######## on 4200 miles a week at Knight, the trucks only go 62. In 70 hours that would require an average speed of 60.

7. Tallman67122

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    Dude some of us drivers have a way with getting things we need. My Truck does 70. Dont ask me how but the driver before me had the truck and it was never turned down. Knight trucks are governed at 65. If you idle too much then it decreases to 63 then to 61 then 59. I hardly ever idle anyway. If you dont know much knight trucks are governed to then first call knight up to ask then post it on here.

8. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Drove for knight for 5 years total ending early this year. I drove more in reverse for them than you have in Top gear so mind your manners guido.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  9. Tallman67122

Apr 2, 2012
    Pine Hill, NJ
    WAIT a Minute... You drove for 5 Years(LMFAO) and yet you don't Know the trucks are Governed at 65?(ROFL) Wow did you ever get the short end of the stick. Are you telling me you Did not realize you could do 65? Oh wait your from Cali so you couldn't do 65. I see your an EX-Trucker? Couldn't handle it or did you get kicked out?

Leftnut Thanks this.
  10. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    No experience or opinion on knight but I do have first hand experience with knight trucks being governed at 62ish. Whatever they are supposed to be governed at I've run across a few in the past year running 65-70 on the flat, one was trying to push me uphill in KY on I71 at 70ish. This is getting common with swift and Werner too.

11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Not sure about Knight, but I know with Swift company drivers are governed at 62. If you become an O/O then that increases, I think to 67 mph.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.