Knights choose your hometime policy

Discussion in 'Knight' started by rdrnation67, Apr 24, 2011.

1. The Russian

The Russian Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    You are not even smart enough to realize that I am not even arguing with you. The only way to make real money in this industry is to cheat on log book(and therefore work for your future medical bills) or work for specialized haul in established medium size company that can cherry - pick drivers with best experience. Everything else is a sweat press. All I am saying here - Knight Transportation is by far not the worst of it.
    And why you keep associate me with the office? Well I shower daily, not monthly like most of the drivers. If I am stuck and out of shower for 1 day - I am using wet baby wipes to take care of myself. I wear expensive cologne and expensive Abecrombie, Banana Republic or Hollister clothes, nice boots or sneakers. So other drivers in lounge often mistake me with office worker too.:biggrin_2559: So I don't blame you.
    No - I am not a gay. I grew up in environment where we beat a crap out of one if we come across him:biggrin_25524::biggrin_2559:. I just was not born in the barn or pig stall. My mom and "commies" teach me to brush my teeth, keep clothes and shoes nice and clean and not to smell like a bum. And driving in Germany that what I saw and smell - absolutely clean and taken care of drivers. But don't get upset. Germany and Europe are civilized places on Earth. Maybe one day it will reach here too :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:. All I can do - just set personal example.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Russian

Jun 10, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    May be that's because most important thing for me - is my personal and professional relationship with my driver manager.
    Judging by all that "test list" you published (probably feeling that you are professor and I am a student) feels like you are more focused on collecting rumors and opinions that don't concern you. I don't care about D13 or Maxxforse problems because I drive Volvo with Cummins. When time will come to decide or change - than I will collect data and information.

Unlike you I am focused on things that DIRECTLY affect my paycheck. Maybe that's why I am more satisfied with results than you are. Obviously.
    And when it come to the shops - I am Phoenician. I do all preventive maintenance and service in Phoenix while on my 3-4 days break. I do describe problems and concerns in detail writing it down the way so others can actually read my handwriting. I also talk to the shop manager on duty making sure that everything is understood and will be taken care of.
    In other places I am normally under the load. I talk nicely to shop manager and always asking about person who will perform actual work and talk to that mechanic. Countless times I was serviced bypassing other trucks because I did my homework diagnosing problem myself, saving time for shop people and because I treat everyone the way I wanted to be treated - nicely. You don't need high education for that one. Just read The Bible.

Last example - I had problem with cruise control engaging. Sometimes it would. Sometimes it would not. Very annoying. I never visually inspect anything, was just trying to figure out what it could be in my mind. Driving and thinking about how the whole circuit works. At some point I spotted that after bump on the road it usually would work again. But if it is engaged - bumps don't make it to turn off. I knew it was not controls on the steering column - road relay display were telling me that "Cruise control set at xx mi/hr" - so problem was somewhere else. Took me about two weeks and I was about ready to give up and put it on the list during my next b-service. But one day I remembered that brake pedal in any BMW have double switch that one part of it triggers brake lights and other is part of the cruise control system. It happened while I was driving. I tried to engage cruise - no response, as usual. Then I put my foot under the brake pedal and pull it towards myself - that's it - CC got back to normal operation. Next truck stop I removed plastic cover under the dashboard and found that extra switch with long spring-like trigger arm. Volvo creators were smart enough to make it adjustable - 2 minutes and I never had any problem with cruise control ever again.
    Shop time - 0 hours.

4. The Russian

Jun 10, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    And the last thing for this week of our "friendly" discussion here.
    What makes me laugh really hard to tears in my eyes is a people who lives in Crapville, state North Crapolla with closest supermarket 50 mi away and nearest bank another 30mi opposite direction. And closest interstate is like 80 miles away from all of it. And those people here (not just Knight Transportation tread) b i t ching and moaning about home time and how bad their driver managers are in getting them back home.
    That idiocy or even cretinism (both are actual medical terms for mentally-challenged patients) cracks me up big time.
    Did you ever consider tow your trailer (or double-wide if you are local "success story") somewhere closer to actual civilization?
    Believe it or not - but it could dramatically improve your whole "home time" thing.

OK guys - nice talking to you. But it's a time for some Starbucks coffee. It's not that I am reach - I just can't drink that crap that they call "Folgers" and other stuff that they sell here and call it "coffee". It really taste like crap and should be removed form the market as bio-hazard or something like that. I can't belive those truck drivers drink it by the literally buckets, call it "coffee" and don't die very next day. Well, they got fat and die eventually I guess....
    So - "Starbucks" is like "Knight Transportation". Best of the worst. LOL

5. shadowdaddy

shadowdaddy Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    I'm glad you took the time to pop in and tell us all where we messed up in life, since you got the goods on everyone and know all about us. I sure hope someday to be as together and uptown as you are. Where you preaching next Sunday?

6. shadowdaddy

shadowdaddy Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    Interesting you mention cheating on the log book. So lemme ask you this, Tony Robbins: What's it say about an industry in which to make a decent living you have to break the law daily? What's the diff btw that and organized crime, other than legal sanction? If honest people can't make and honest living doing honest work, then either the industry is severely screwed up, or the people doing it are. Pick one.

Dna Mach and truckerdave1970 Thank this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I don't think Tony Robbins is dumb enough to stay away from home or a convention center for three weeks earning 1600 bucks net. Then again most of us aren't that dumb or desperate. But I've never fought for day old bread in the slums of a third world country either.

Also mentioned were guys living in double-wides 50 miles from the nearest supermarket and complaining because they couldn't get home. I know drivers that park their personal vehicles at Hutchins, where Knight dropped 3 million for a new terminal, and they can't ever get home.

I always loved it how at Knight you dropped your 280 mile load at a Wal Mart DC and all you had to do was grab an empty for your next load. You might find someone who can point you in the direction of a trailer pool customer but all in all it's your problem and no one gives a flip at Knight. No your not getting paid to search for an MT. Your paid the shorted miles from consignee to shipper.

Went to pick up a load in Dallas once. Checked in and waited about two hours before going in and checking on the progress. The customer told me he called Carl in Hutchins 1 hour and 45 minutes ago and told them this was a refrigerated load not a dry van load. Nice of Carl to get the message to me.

Seriously...go check out Knight and be sure too check out your paychecks too because they can and will forget your money. Best o luck at Knight fellas.

8. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    This is my nomination for "POST OF THE YEAR!"
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514::biggrin_25514:

Absolutely Brilliant!!!

Personally I think the answer is both!!!
    The industry is screwed up for accepting such low rates and the drivers working for LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE are even more screwed up!

shadowdaddy, Dna Mach and Guitar Man Thank this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Az
    What are you up to since you left Knight?

10. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    You'll have plenty of time to read it while waiting for service in AZ.

You don't know what you are talking about. Have a nice day being a liar.

11. mainerguy

mainerguy Bobtail Member

May 5, 2011
    Bingham, Maine
    "Autobahn is a highway with no speed limit, originally built by Adolf Hitler..."

Not gonna get all wrapped up in this conversation but, the Autobahn actually does have a speed limit of 100km/hr in the right hand lane. The left hand lane is wide open unless you come into a population center then the whole thing has a speed limit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.