Koch Trucking Minneapolis any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by radiorambo, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    wow you got an 06...????

452,000 man.... From what I was being told they are getting alot of 2010's before long but.....???

I was also told that they had a few 08-09 trucks avaliable

On the bright side....
    They will be rid of that truck VERY soon and you will get a QUALCOM message sending you back to MINN to get your new truck... They normally get rid of the trucks at 500-550 ..

I am sorry about the truck man that disturbs me but really out of my hands ....

Sorry again I feel like sh$%t about that....

but anyway stay to the grind stone .. their OTR division kinda sucks in my opinion but dedicated is GREAT for them .. Who did you get as a dispatcher ?

Did they give you any time frame for dedicated ?

Call safety, driver liason, and operations for dedicated services EVERYWEEK and you will get in ...

Sorry again, but they are a good company I am sure of that... Just sorry I couldnt get the truck I tried for you. but it may work out for you in the end when they trade it you can take the plastic off the seats of your new one...

ky24

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    Goose

for WIFI I stop at LOVES truck stops
    9 times out of 10 the give FREE WIFI to drivers ...

Pilot and the J also have pay by the day for WIFI which is about 1.95 or so for the day and they have monthly plans form like 20.00 or so not sure excatly the prices but in that range

I do LOVES for the free WIFI but that also is one of our fuelstops ... Yours is 98% PILOT so might want to spend the 20 bucks and you can be on every night..... or when ever you want ..

ky24

4. johnn5272000

johnn5272000 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Bloomington in
    They just took about 20 off onan board I ran it untill I got hurt best job in 20 years of driving I had. The driver managers on this board are great. If they had an opening I'd go back to it for sure.

5. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    I was on the KMART board ...

I was telling GOOSE that they treat their dedicated drivers like GOLD there OTR division to me was not so desireable ..

Dedicated accout = never leave ..

KOCH was good to me for sure...

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Goose, could you please pics of your trucks interior. Also could you do a weekly log like ET does in the crete section.

KH

7. freightliner18257

freightliner18257 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    chicago il
    I would also love to see some pics of your truck.

8. goose19726

goose19726 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    time for an update
    I am in menominie wisconsin and it is #### cold here
    I just loaded my 4th load in a week
    I am headed back to texas as soon as I finish my 10 hour break
    I ain't to worried about the 06 truck, it has not given me any trouble and I will be getting a new one soon enough, of that I am sure
    so far so good
    I will try to get pics posted but I need to go home first and get my digital camera for some good pics, the phone has a crappy camera on it
    Koch has been pretty good so far, I have had a preplanned trip at least a day before I deliver, so i have not had to sit empty yet.
    I got to haul a federal load out of independance mo and that was a thrill for me
    i am a gun nut anyway so that was like hauling a load from the holy land to the vatican for me
    the only load I have done that I did not like was an AWG load with a 1 am delivery and it even went smooth (which was a shock considering it was an AWG load
    my dispatcher is dave souter, he does a good job of keeping me hooked up and running, I just need to plan my trips a bit better to smooth things out on my end
    I have had more than ample time to deliver my loads so no complaints there
    I was not aware loves had the wifi access, I am using the wifi at the truckstop at MM45 in menominie wi right now, I loaded about two blocks down the road and came here to scale and get some sleep
    I ran out of my 14 so I will be able to get the needed rest and then run all night and get thru minneapolis and kansas city before the traffic gets bad
    my next shutdown will probably be in lebo kansasor somewhere further south (unless I take the shortcut down hwy 69)
    I will update more later, but right now I need sleep
    be safe drivers
    catch ya on the flip flop

The Challenger Thanks this.
  9. goose19726

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    for those wanting pics, I will get them as soon as I get by the house and get my digital camera
    I am in ft worth at the pilot, using idleaire's wifi
    I dropped my load at 9 am today, and my delivery time is not until 6 pm. dI only have 2 hours left on my 70 so I will be here all night
    if anyone is in the area hollar for goose on channel 19
    later and be safe out there

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    No they will not hold your check. Instead they will not dispatch you until you become compliant. Companies can't even hold your last check for turning in a beat up truck, they can deduct it to $0, you'll get a stub.

Holding a pay check...c'mon man ! LOL

11. goose19726

Feb 24, 2009
    harrah, ok
    just a quick update, last week sucked bigtime, 1600 miles in 4 loads, one of which was late in being delivered because the shipper took longer to load than it took me to haul, but this week is a bit better. I have already done 1100 miles and am on another 1000 mile run now. I finally got off I 35 and am currently in cordele GA, going to neenah wi

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.