Kroger-all of them are tied for the worst

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by ShortBusKid, Jun 22, 2015.

1. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    The best Kroger that I ve been to was the one off Oakleigh Drive in East Point,Ga. I arrived 12 hrs early for appointment. Backed into the dock and was unloaded and gone less than a hour and a half

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    Yeah, it's by far the best. It's never taken more than two hours to get unloaded there. Wish more Kroger dcs would follow their lead.

4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I refuse to do any business with Kroger at home anymore because of dealing with their DC's out here in the past. They do ALL suck!

5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I would've told them if they get off their lazy ##### and do their job within a more reasonable time, and quit tying us up for 8/9 hours for 1 load, like no more than two hours, they wouldn't have drivers criticizing them.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I delivered to Meijers distribution center day before Thanksgiving at 9am, took them 6 hours to unload. When I went inside after 1 hr to see what's going on, I kid you not, the guy would take out a pallet, break it down, break the box and put ketchup bottles on the conveyor one by one.
    When I asked why he just would not empty my truck and then fool around with each box, he said he is following a procedure.
    Later on I asked some guys smoking outside, if they always work like that. They said they can empty the truck and then break pallets down,but it takes longer doing it the first way and they always end up getting overtime. So they just choose to work slower.
    Its just a human nature I think, if you get the same amount of money, no matter how productive you are, you work slow. Kinda what we had in Soviet Union.

Lucy in the Sky Thanks this.
  7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Had an awesome experience at one last week for once, the one in Layton, UT (Smith's). 8:30 pm appointment. At the gate 8:15, in the door 8:25, green light 8:50, out of the facility at 9. NEVER seen anything like that at anything affiliated with Kroger

8. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    The Kroger DC in Fountain Colorado is just as bad if not worse. 04:00 appointment. 6 pallets. 6 1/2 hrs latter. Next time I will turn this load down. Plus the charge lumber fees. BS.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  9. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    I ran for a company that would pull the Kroger loads that their Union drivers didn't want out of Louisville
    I did two and said I'd quit before pulling another one
    I still get the dry heaves Everytime I pass a Kroger trailer.

10. THEONEANDONLYMADDOG

THEONEANDONLYMADDOG Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Cincinnati Woodland Kroger DC is a joke also...
    Picked up a Nestle Water load in Chesapeake, VA on Friday for a direct delivery on arrival because "They are waiting for the load and are needing it yesterday" and here I sit on Monday Morning 03:58 and still waiting on an unload...

Mind you been here since 01:00 Saturday.
    I've left and went to the Flying P-Lot twice to shower and been to Walmart Twice to stretch my legs...

Now watch them say that I am late or some ####... or charge me $300 lol..

Dale thompson and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    We got to send to some of the union steel mills

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.