LA sues three port trucking companies for exploitation of workers

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Ronman105, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ronman105

Ronman105 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't check beforehand. Finally something positive in favor or truckers instead of against them.... and proof the lease purchase option is a scam.
    In case the link doesn't work, copy and paste the title in youtube and it should come up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some companies have stopped hiring drivers with California CDL because of local and state government interference.
    As for abuse of drivers, the drivers have to take some responsibility. Drivers have a choice to work for a company or not. If the driver hangs around and complains, then the driver has a problem.
    "This company is horrible and the dispatcher refuses to obey me."
    "How long have you worked there?"
    "Five years."
    "OK, go look into a mirror and you'll see the problem."

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    ibcalm19, greek620, stwik and 5 others Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    problem however, is how many are still going to get INTO a lease deal..???

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Ronman105

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I totally agree but I just don't think some drivers know any better or they have some fear of changing jobs, I don't know. Maybe they have issues with their license or background that makes them not want to move? I don't understand why some drivers stick around when they're underpaid or treated unfairly but I guess they have their reasons. I'm a bit biased because I'm not in that situation.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    As long as there are ignorant desperate drivers and laws allowing exploitative lease-purchase contracts there will be abusive companies taking advantage.

speedyk Thanks this.
  7. Ronman105

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I can see how the lease purchase looks like a great deal to some. They really build it up. Before I joined TTR I was ready to sign on the dotted line but then you fine folks in the forums made me realize I was getting ready to make the 2nd biggest mistake of my life. The first was getting married to Satan's daughter but I've since been exorcised and am free of that evil spell.... However, I actually listened and didn't allow myself to be exploited. I waited, saved my money and bought my own without the ensuing nightmare afterwards. I just wish more people would follow suit.

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  8. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    LOL; I married her sister. Hows it going ex brother in law.:p

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. Ronman105

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Geez, there's more than one? One is enough to cause planetary destruction. Two will destroy the universe!

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    but that IS a BIG problem...so many have said it here, that they have BAD credit, or NO credit at all, and leasing is the only way for them.

then too, so many are "sick and tired" of working for "the man", they want to be thier own boss.....

what to do when someone is so head strong..??

let them do as they wish, cuz you know, they are going to do it anyways...

they only want validation for their decisions....

11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Some can only learn from their own mistakes, some can learn from other people's mistakes.

I'm grateful you're all here and willing to take time to help, I did a lot of reading and thinking and bloviating on here before I put my toe in.

I work with someone who cannot ponder. They always just jump in. Everything they own is partially wrecked from impulsive decisions that remain unfinished. Not my problem, not my life.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.