Lady LTL trucker wanting to make change, need advice

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by jungledrums, Dec 25, 2017.

1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    If there isn't any danger in the job. Then it ain't paying.

RockinChair, Cali kid and jungledrums Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    Hey, life without a little bit of danger is boring. :)

I appreciate you guys because I'm learning so much from everyone. I'm considering my options carefully.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  4. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    Awesome advice, thank you!

5. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Yep Every one of us is literally sitting 3 feet on top of 150 gallons of fuel. That’s as dangerous as anything else once it catches fire.

x1Heavy, jungledrums and Cali kid Thank this.
  6. local439

local439 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Brentwood , Ca
    On Indeed.com Twin Eagle needs crude oil and frac sand drivers in Texas. I think they have mostly Pete’s with day cabs?Elogs must be kickin in.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Make that a ton and change over 300 some odd gallons.

It takes alot to light that fuel off, but if it ever does well... be assured the pain will burn off in about 20 seconds as your nerves are destroyed and you will meet god relatively quickly after that.

Shaking that gloom and doom off for a minute I'll share this.

Any time you drive a semi somewhere, chances are you will probably be first to get to a burning wreck. You do not want to allow that semi to get close to that fire if it all possible. Espeically if you are a hazmat. So your actions should be carefully considered and reasoned to protect your rig, yourself and anyone around at the scene of a fire.

It happens. But Deisel is a wonderful fuel. Until something lights it off. We use some now and then for trash disposal in our burn pit here in Arkansas because it sticks long enough to burn what needs burning. However we mix with gasoline a dallop because the fuel is so hard to light.

I leave you with this thought.

I hope you never, ever. ever. fill gasoline into a big semi truck fuel tank with deisel. Always keep your head straight when you intend to fuel. If you are really tired and stumbling around, go nap first. Fuel can wait.

jungledrums Thanks this.
  8. michaeljcheaney

michaeljcheaney Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I am a month late to this party, but I work for an AWESOME company out of Dodge City KS, called Sallee inc.
    We haul a lot of farm chemicals UAN, Anhydrous Propane, Liquid fertilizer and the like. (And as an added bonus, you get to wear a REALLY COOL Gas mask, when playing with Anhydrous!)
    The trucks are a mix of Freightliner Coronados, and KW 660 and 680s.

Sallee will train you, and even pay for the Haz-mat endorsement.

Pay is percentage, 22 to 26 percent depending on how long you are with the company. (I am in my 2nd year on the tanker side, and did 63k last year at 22%)

Most of our deliveries are to Farm Co-ops in the Great Plains states, although I am one of 3 trucks that runs OTR, so I haul pretty much anything going anywhere as long as the price is right. (One of the perks of being single with no kids LOL)

Insurance is BCBS and is relatively good and inexpensive, and the owner even pays part of it. (Mine is about 200 bucks a month, with a 500 deductible and 5k coinsurance

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.