Lady LTL trucker wanting to make change, need advice

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by jungledrums, Dec 25, 2017.

1. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    $26. Is bottom starting wage, Top is near $30+/-

SplashDogs and jungledrums Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    No no no no no.... You got it all wrong. You're supposed to tell them to place the coffee on their drivers seat. Between their legs. Then! They will learn to drive smoothly. Very quickly, I might add.:p

4. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    Thanks everyone! These suggestions are awesome and I'm checking into all of them.

5. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Been pulling tanks(hazmat chemical & fuels) for 15 years and refers before that. The difference is night and day.
    One good thing is that the receivers appreciate you showing up unlike food warehouses.

6. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @slim shady @Cali kid Hey gents do you happen to know any info about Andrews logistic (tanker) based out of la Porte Texas, I spoke to one guy today and he was speaking very highly about his company.

Thanks

7. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    They are where I got my start in tanking that was about 4 years ago. They are supposed to be big in Texas, not so much in .CA. I loved it becase I learned alot in a short period of time, from hauling oil out of the ports of Los Anglese into a Phillips plant in LA. To running refined oil up to Washington and Oregon, all while learning how to load and unload by pump and top filling. Also pulled oil out of rail cars in Bakersfield, which is always interesting if it had been sitting too long. I also ran on the chemical side hauling IPA, MEK, and antifreeze, leading do deal with high surge loads. All in all it was great experience but the pay just wasn' there, but I have heard of them turning things around in order to retain good drivers.

8. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    @jungledrums If you dont mind the northwest lookup James J Williams in spokane wa. They've treated me pretty well over the last 4 years and we have one Australian gal working for us now. Helps if you're Canadian admissible.

jungledrums Thanks this.
  9. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    I love the NW and I will look into James! Spokane is a beautiful area. Thank you!

Oxbow and tman78 Thank this.
  10. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Altom has been good to me, two years already!

11. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I can definitely vouch for the private carrier route. I recently started at one and I never knew I could make that kind of money trucking. It has been great so far. I have worked for a few other tanker companies prior to that and I can highly recommend Superior Carriers. They are a great company to work for.

I have not worked for any food grade tanker companies but it seems I have read a lot of them don't want to pay you for your wait time if you get delayed loading/unloading, etc. Someone can correct me on this if I am wrong but just something to be aware of.

SplashDogs Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.