Landforce (Victorville CA) STAY AWAY!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by AlphaHenry, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Abandonments on your DAC are not suicide to your trucking career. In 29 years as an OTR trucker, I've had 3 abandonments. Big companies won't touch you for awhile, but if you have lots of experience, a clean mvr, no failed or refusals, and a few good references, then one of the local trucking companies in your town will hire you. Also, abandonments only show up on the DAC. There are companies out there who don't use DAC so the only way they would know you abandoned a truck is if you told them or they found out by contacting the employer. Now this is not advocating abandoning trucks. I'm just saying your trucking life isn't quite over because you left a truck other than where you picked it up. But good luck finding a better job. The company you're working for now is what's known in this industry as a "Jack Leg" trucking company.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Florida Playboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    And not to highjack your thread or nothing, but truth be told, big companies are over rated. Seriously. There may be a few decent ones out there but it's all trucking. Give me a small company any day. The one I'm with now is pretty decent. All knew KW's and new Great Dane trailers with lots of loads going to TX they have their ugly side but all companies do.

You're a truck driver you're not running for office. So keep some good things on your record and you'll go far.

4. Randyvine69

Randyvine69 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Almost took my first job in the business with these guys last Thursday. They sent me out to this
    beat up 10 speed Volvo. By the looks of this thread, I made the right call. Still look'n.

5. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    In calif the employment dept will investigate your claim for unpaid wages. It is also illegal to charge an employee for towing,repairs or damages.

6. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    About 17 years ago I quit Transam (back before it turn into a POS fleece-op training company) to try what appeared to be a "local" job "running box trailers" between Rochester and Buffalo. Got to the guy's extremely run-down house which also served as his "office", and found out it was actually a job running containers between the NJ ports and Buffalo NY, cash under the table, using a beat up old freightshaker that had almost all bald tires, almost all the lights out, basically about to fall apart...the home every night part was actally if I got home at all, and the DOT cops in the area knew the guy by name(and not in a positive way.) needless to say I handed the keys back and walked away...when to regional job with a medium size company after that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  7. bubbafish

bubbafish Bobtail Member

May 16, 2018
    well sounds like i may have made a mistake taking this job, don't start for another week in victorville... has it gotten any better for the drivers or am i screwed!!!??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.