Laporte Indiana

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Darcybish1980, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Darcybish1980

Darcybish1980 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2023
    Was driving with my 3 year old grandson in the vehicle and was on pine lake going onto hwy 35! When Walmart trucker plate number PD80223 and truck number 194216 I have photos! But he decided to push me over into on coming traffic when he knew the lane ended way back in front of DQ anybody traveling on pine lake knows this but he continued to come into my lane after I honked several times!! My grandson was screaming and crying because you did this twice came over then went back came back over and pushed us into other lane of traffic I’m just a palled by this Walmart trucker if you can’t follow the rules of the road why be a trucker ! Walmart I think you need to train and have follow up classes for truck drivers that don’t follow the laws and signs of the road!!! Thank you concerned Maw maw

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Oh my

201 Thanks this.
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    So you too seen the lane ended.
    But that was your lane, not giving a truck governed at 65 any room.
    But hold him there til the lane ended to put him on shoulder?
    You wouldn’t accelerate or slow down, but could take photos while driving,
    With a 3 year old in car.

Seem safe?
    Both of you seem to be in the wrong.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Lane ends a block beyond a stoplight. You knew this, yet you put yourself in an untenable position.

I'd love to see the dash cam videos, particularly with relative speeds - was the truck trying to get back up to road speed before taking the lane?

I'll also draw attention to both the Last Clear Chance Doctorine and Contribitory Negligence.

laaylor, 201, Bud A. and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Man I could go for some DQ about now. Haven’t had a blizzard in ages.

Bud A., Milr72, Sons Hero and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please forward all videos of this incident immediately.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The Walmart driver should have slowed a little and let her go on.
    Probably would have cost him 10 or 15 seconds, but his paycheck would be the same.

Magoo1968, Numb and rollin coal Thank this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, maybe so, we weren't there so we don't know.
    That said, if your 3 year old grandson is in the car with you, that's the wrong time to play chicken with a big truck. Speed up, back out, grab the shoulder, whatever. Not every event is intentional, but situational awareness is.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Agreed. As drivers we know and expect others to do stupid. It wouldn't have cost him any time really. These guys think a few seconds or a split seconds, or even minutes is going to make or break their day. Yeah when they are in the right and think just bulldoze on thru, but the stupid car runs into them anyway instead of being intimidated, so how well does that work out for the ol time schedule and clean record?

drvrtech77, Bean Jr. and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    On behalf of the truck drivers here that DO follow the rules, I want to apologize for this truck drivers behavior. It has little, if anything to do with Walmart, so please leave that part out. We, as truck drivers, have always had this, "battle" with cars, and vice versa. Your grandson screaming or sounding the horn doesn't do anything for your post either. We are in 2 different worlds, cars and trucks, and it's a miracle we use the same roads without more chaos. As a truck driver, I learned, we all have to get along, and if this truck driver needed the room, you should have heeded, TWICE.
    Again, thanks for bringing this to our attention, but please, next time, give them a break. You can exhibit to your grandson what good road manners are by doing so, and teach them to respect our trucks not hate them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.