Life at American Central Transport (ACT)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Apr 13, 2011.

1. PeterbiltBound7077

PeterbiltBound7077 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    Hardin, Kentucky
    I've been with ACT for about 2 weeks. I started as company but was going to go to LP. My biggest problems with this company are, my dispatcher is quite rude and always up my ##s! At this very moment I'm sitting at the TA in London, Ohio and my truck has a major engine problem. You better NOT break down on the weekend because there is absolutely NO ONE to speak too on the weekends because they are closed!! I've never seen a company that didn't have someone in break down 24/7!!! In not a happy camper right now! I'm really going to be pis*ed if I have to sit till Monday then wait till they fix my truck!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milleraccent

milleraccent Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2013
    I have a lease driver at ACT for 1 year. They do have 24/7 breakdown but they have a smaller staff and it takes a long time for them to get back to you. As far as dispatcher if you are unhappy with them you need to speak to your dispatcher or his manager about getting transferred to another dispatcher. ACT is a really good company to work for and as far as your truck if you have a 660 I feel for you, I had one for 5 weeks and it was in the shop 8 times before I got a new one.

4. milleraccent

milleraccent Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2013
    You will get a different dispatcher as a lease driver

5. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

If she started two weeks ago, most likely it's a t680 or Cascadia.

Not sure why you can't get ahold of anyone since I just called about an hour ago to talk about a preplan and Tammy picked up the phone right away. But yes, weekends do get busy sometimes.

I've sent an email to the key personnel, so someone should be calling you.

6. PeterbiltBound7077

PeterbiltBound7077 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    Hardin, Kentucky
    My recruiter is the bomb! She got everything taken care of for me! I actually have a T660 with a 13 speed (my first) and I love my truck. It is a great company too, I just wish it were easier to get ahold of breakdown on weekends.

BlackLions Thanks this.
  7. BlackLions

There ya go... one of the people that works alllllllll the time

8. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    Weekends and nights have always been awful at act. I'm done just quit. 3 years i spent there the last one has been downhill slide at a rapid pace. I still made money right up to the end but it's been a declining amount. And honestly I was just suck of the pathetic management there. You think drive turnover rate is bad this company has a office turnover about the same these days. I used to know everyone in that office now i walk in and don't recognize half of them.

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  9. pete3871

pete3871 Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yeah, weekends at ACT are a real bad time to break down.Your pretty much on your own till Monday. No management works on weekends, so the driver is kind of out of sight out of mind.Hate to think of all the drivers that felt this was the last straw and moved on over issues incurred over the weekend. In defense of the dispatchers that do work on weekends, I do feel bad for them, they are just overwhelmed

BlackLions Thanks this.
  10. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    So you want to be an owner operator lol. Lease purchase drivers are company drivers...its that simple. As an owner operator....even if you are leased to someone...it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING REGARDING YOUR TRUCK.....PERIOD!! Breakdowns, flats etc. No dispatcher to call to get rescued. As an owner operator you need to have an action plan to deal with what ever gets thrown at you.

There is no shame in being a company driver.

11. BlackLions

Think you missed the point here... she is a company driver, not a l/p. How about you read before commenting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.