LinkAmerica/Arnold Merger

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by Jorihe84, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    Depends on how you look at it. All BS aside with Link, they easily have one of the strongest regional lanes.

Shaggy76 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Agreed. I can see that aspect of it. We really need a pay rate for experienced drivers...

Shaggy76 Thanks this.
  4. Shaggy76

Shaggy76 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    A lot of drivers there will be excited when Melinda goes. I heard through the grape vine that she was given a termination notice of 30 days out. All the dispatching will be moved to Jacksonville and Lakeland slowly closed to only provide support services and a drop yard. Good for Link in the long run. Still waiting to see how it will improve driver retention...

5. Jorihe84

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    She's coming with us so there's a few rotten spots in that grapevine. She's also acting supervisor at the moment while josh is on vacation. Terminal is being closed Jan 1st completely. it's Still under gene Hyde ownership and won't act as support nor a drop yard. one of the main issues about that terminal was that we were not allowed to make any changes (i.e. paving, modifying for driver amenities). Well before this merger the company was trying to get out of that terminal for that reason. Quite honestly that terminal could not support the amount of equipment the merger would produce. We could barely stage our own equipment there during the weekends. The place is to small.

The biggest thing about this merger has been about the ridiculous amounts of misinformation drivers spread around.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
    Shaggy76 Thanks this.
  6. Shaggy76

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    The shop, too... That is the vine the grapes were dropping from with the info.

You're right, that terminal is way too small. Jacksonville is, too.

7. Jorihe84

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    They built on a few more acres recently. It's actually quite large now.

8. Shaggy76

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Jacksonville or Lakeland? Last time I saw the Arnold yard in Jacksonville they were just a little larger than Lakeland. That was about a year ago when I did a service call and followed one of their trucks in to their yard. I hope they grew some for they will need the room.

9. Jorihe84

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
  10. Shaggy76

Feb 22, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Yep, that would be their tiny lot. The one the have in PA ostensibly 3 times the size.

The yard for all the trailers that you all need is like yard Prime has in Springfield or USX has in Oklahoma City.

11. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Are you hearing any good news regarding compensation and benefits?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.