Looking for a company that will hire after a jack knife.

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Dragonfli88, May 24, 2024.

1. Dragonfli88

Dragonfli88 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2024
    In January 2024 I went sliding. There were 2 trucks that went down before me. It had just got done raining and there was oil on the road. I slid a little bit then when I went to correct it through me in to a jack knife and pushed me into the ditch. I was told by police that there was oil on other contaminants on the road. There were 5 other 4 wheelers who also had an accident. Including a mini van in front of us that flipped and killed both parents. I was not cited its not on my mvr. Trailer had a very small scratch and cargo was fine and deliver the next day but truck was totaled. My company fired me because of tge damage to the truck. Nothing on my mvr but my dac record saying terminated due to unsatisfied safety and say jack knife in comments. That's all. Doesn't explain what happened. I was told they left it blank as much as they could because they didn't want to f** me over but they had to make a dac report because thats company policy. I have the police report but it only says was raining. They didn't put in their that there was oil or that 2 other trucks and 5 4wheelers went down too. I have tried fighting it with dac but they won't change anything. I've also been told if I do get it changed to weather related then other companies may ask why I didnt shut down. It was done raining. It didn't look like there was a threat anymore. I was 5 mins from delivery and was told to deliver. I know I'm the captain.
    So my question im having a hard time finding a company that will take me. Most say 3 years so say 5. I'm working for a small company now but having problems with them. Even swift says no. Is there any companies out there that will give you a second chance without waiting years?

catdog45 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Jack knife is a pretty big deal. It is so recent that its gonna be tough for you to get on with a reputable company. You may not have been cited, but its on your DAC and insurance companies can probably see you have a recent accident. It's a rough job market and companies are getting very picky. Maybe we can help. You'll have to be prepared to stay at your current company for a while so that the accident can fall off.

1. Who all have you applied to?
    2. Where are you located?
    3. How much experience?

catdog45 and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, where are you located?
    `
    Flatbed - Western
    Western Express offers flatbed driving opportunities with top pay, new trucks, priority home time, and more. Learn about the flatbed options, training programs, and perks for drivers.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Facebook and Craigslist have jobs on the trucker pages.
    Several drivers on here found good jobs there, even with bad DAC.

7. Dragonfli88

Dragonfli88 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2024
    San Antonio Texas. I've applied to pretty much all megas. I'm not finding too many small companies around me

catdog45 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you check Craigslist and Facebook?

catdog45 Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe @RomTon can help with a company in Texas. Hotshot & sleep in pickup truck.

catdog45 Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, how much experience do you have?

catdog45 Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    National Carriers | The Elite Fleet
    Qualifications
    • Minimum Age: 23 years
    • Minimum Experience: 6 months in the last 3 years
    • DWI Convictions: Must be 5 years ago
    • Moving Violations: Only 3 last 3 years
    • Preventable Accidents: Only 2 last 3 years
    • Felony Convictions: Must be over 10 years old

catdog45 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.