Looking for a few good drivers... Honest $80k opportunity.

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by DRTDEVL, Mar 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    We don't really care what state your license originated... you just have to call "home" somewhere within our hiring area. We have a driver from south Texas coming on board next week who is elderly and a snowbird. He drives in the RGV 6 months, then comes to MN for 6 months. He didn't know he could hire on as a "part time" driver and come back to the same company every year, so he'll probably drive for us every summer until he fully retires.

Where do you plan on "moving"?

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Met a guy once who only drove March 1 to Nov 1. My kind of schedule there lol

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  4. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    We have a guy in orientation today who just came back from TX. Found us here. He'll be with us until October, then head back to the RGV for the winter (hey, I'll probably do the same when I hit 70 as well). Hopefully he's a good fit and becomes another one of our seasonal drivers.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  5. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I have three trucks I can technically fill... who needs a better job this summer and has 9 months' experience under their belt?

Truck 1: 2020. O/O just got out of it when his truck came out of the shop. Freshly detailed and ready to go.
    Truck 2: 2021. Driver had to go home last week to help elderly wife. Unsure of return date. Freshly detailed and ready to go.
    Truck 3: 2021. Driver going home tomorrow because high school son (single mother) has been skipping too much school. She's going local and gave us a month's notice. Truck will be in the detail shop Thursday/Friday.
    Truck 4: 2022. Been passed around between a few part time drivers, but will be detailed up for full-time use, likely tomorrow.

One of these will be going to a teacher who hits the road every summer for us... probably the fourth one, as he likes new, shiny things (and he's a heck of a driver that we would bend over backwards for). Who wants one of the other three?

6. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    How do I PM you?

The Crossword Trucker Thanks this.
  7. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    We dont really have PMs as such on this site but you can go to his profile page and start a conversation

8. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    The private messaging capabilities are shut off by the administrators here for those of us in positions of recruiting. This is to keep the site completely neutral (and who wants their inbox flooded by every recruiter on the planet?). You can ask anything out here in the open, or call/text me at the phone number listed in the original post.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  9. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Local class A driver position opening at McFarland Truck Lines, based out of our Austin, MN terminal. Home daily, day cab operation for dedicated account. Second shift, M-F, 4pm-2am. Terrific benefit package to include: medical, dental, and vision. Safety bonus, DOT Inspection bonus, cell phone reimbursement, MATCHING 401k, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. Company paid life insurance.
    REQUIREMENTS: Class A CDL with good MVR and 9 months experience. Must be at least 23 years of age to meet insurance requirements.
    Apply directly at www.mcfgtl.com or call Scott at 507-437-9902 or 507-460-9011.

10. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    In keeping up with inflation, our Regional Drivers now get a $3,000 sign-on bonus. I forgot to list this when it took effect.

11. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Current O/O program:

Less than 1800/week = $1.15/mile
    1800 or more per week = $1.22/mile
    100% FSC passed through
    $30/hour detention
    Additional stop pay $46
    Scales paid
    Tolls paid
    Reefer fuel paid
    Lumpers paid
    Trailer/Cargo insurance paid
    .01/quarter safety bonus
    $3,000 sign-on bonus
    $2,000 referral bonus
    $200 for any level clean inspection
    License refund program - scaled 20% per year until year 5 and thereafter 100%
    $45/hour shop rate at our shop
    Company fuel discounts
    Discounted bobtail, PD rates
    We handle your IFTA

The compensation seems a little light at first, but then most expenses are covered or severely discounted. Our O/Os seem very happy with the way that works in their favor.

Jammer' Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.