Looking for a trucking job

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Mjak, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Mjak

Mjak Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2018
    I started driving 6 months ago and I hit a low clearance bridge and was fired from my job is there any company willing to hire me because I was told by my old employer Stevens that my trucking career over being that I got a fine for careless driving I really enjoy driving and made a huge mistake and waiting on a court date to fight the fine. If anyone knows any company that's willing to take me can you please let me know I really enjoy driving and I'm really trying to get another job like asap

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here's four that might give you a second chance.
    Carolina Cargo Freight
    USA Truck
    Western Express
    TransAm

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    baha Thanks this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Get a Lawyer no matter what the cost. Nothing compared to lost revenue.I think Careless is a bit much.Your never all washed up. They talk like no one ever had an accident.Definatly pay whatever as you may get it changed to a lesser charge. Had 1 in NJ cost $800 got changed to minor equipment violation 0 points.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I’m not looking to bust your chops, just genuinely interested.

How did you hit a low bridge? Following a GPS? Didn’t see a low clearance sign? Didn’t know your trailer height?

6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    He didn’t hit the bridge. The bridge hit his truck. It like I was told I didn’t hit the deer I got hit by a deer. Sounds much better. Lol

CJ701, bryan21384 and Frank Speak Thank this.
  7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    That reminds me of an interview I watched recently. It was from back in the ‘70s and the fella’s name was Allison I think.

Anyway, I guess he got into a fight with some guy after a car race and when the interviewer asked about hitting the other guy he said:

“All I know about that is his face kept hitting my fist for some reason.”

Lol

8. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    Bobby Allison or his brother forgot his name both Indy champs. I believe from Indy

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Careless is a bit much? So what would you call it? Being careful? Please, he hit a stationary object that he was able to see long before he drove under it. I’m thinking getting fired, reported as careless, and putting it in his record is quite adequate.

Rugerfan and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I’d give him a break. One never hit a low bridge but have seen it quite a bit. By no means do I think it should end his ability to Drive a Truck. There’s much worse things. I bet he never does it again!! Lol

11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Company out here in AZ likely would. Old equipment and some wild places most people don't see and other drawbacks, but they hire a driver about every weekday and look for second-chancers because they'll stay longer, yep they have turnover but you could get experience and actually make a little. Those of you from AZ know those red trucks with the 70's logo and the patched trailers.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.