Looking for Tanker Job

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by randypinenc, Sep 25, 2018.

1. randypinenc

randypinenc Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2018
    Good call 88 Alpha and thank you for these two. I actually spoke to Shamrock today and end up turning them down. I thought their pay was on the low side and I was told that I would never know "what type" of a truck I would be driving from one day to the next - I really want to stick with the tanker. Superior may work though - I have to find out what are their "approved schools" and see if the school I went to is on their list. So, hopefully, with the school and the three months of regional driving, I already have, I may get in. Quest Liner is on the radar as well. I reached out to Food Liner and somehow ended up with their chemical division (Questliner).

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    In most cases you will have better pay in chemical than in food service. Superior is a top tanker company if you can get on there.

randypinenc Thanks this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    To your point, there’s an outfit in Mississippi that pays over 6 figures a year. Yes, there’s a catch. You get that chemical (I don’t recall what it is) on you and it’ll melt you faster than salt on a snail.

They had a female driver that got careless on a really hot day and didn’t have her suit zipped fully and she opened a pressurized hatch and, well, it permanently disfigured her really bad. But, she’s lucky (depending on your perspective) to be alive.

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Atlantic bulk carriers
    Tide water transit
    Robbie D Wood
    Nalco (after you get 9 more months exp)

randypinenc Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Must have been molten sulfur.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  7. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    My buddy hauled that quite a bit when he drove the last 6 months with Martin before he retired. They were paid by the load and, while I don't recall exactly what he said it paid him, I don't think he would have made close to 6 figures had he stayed an entire year.

My first thought was asphalt for Ergon Trucking out of Jackson, MS but I'm not sure if they are at $100,000 + unless they are contractors.

RammerJammer17 and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trimac hauls some nasty stuff in that area that pays that kind of money.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  9. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    I trained on a load that they will make you wear the astronaut looking suit hauling some kind of gas that comes in the iso hey had to hook you to air fresh airline to the suit while you offload crazy money but it was otr out atleast 2 weeks at the time. any how I think comcar will be another good company all trucks have apus and they all getting the new lt internationals quick.

10. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I was looking at hiring on with CTL hauling chemical at .62 cpm out of their Tampa fl terminal.

They would take me with my limited 6 month tanker experience.

Did research on them and found nothing including asking here.

Recently bought my own truck and inquired about owner/opting with them.

Got Enough info to decide on I don't want to haul Chemicals.

Milk is easy but getting sick of fighting a Bucking Tube of Cream

11. randypinenc

randypinenc Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2018
    I got on with superior carriers. I heard good things about them, but time will tell. They had a very modern and up-to-date shop and they seem pretty organized. I’ll be starting soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.