Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    So now they are going to put 1 pallet of fish back on. Then get a extension on shelf life tomorrow and reschedule a delivery appt for that 1 pallet. I am so ready to hop on airplane and go home. This is nothing but a clown show. This is not Magnum's fault they are beholden to the customer. I get that.

enicolasy and Crusader66 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    That's how they operate. When I did store deliveries, I had to load and unload my own trailer. They palletized it, and that was it. The rest was up to us drivers. We even had to unload backhauls that we brought back to the warehouse.
    The company I worked for was Sharp Transit. They are actually headquartered in Salisbury.

Crusader66 and ncmickey Thank this.
  4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    My brother in law worked for them out of Salisbury

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  5. ncmickey

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I'd drop that trailer and go to a truck stop. What a ####ing mess

6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I lasted 3 yrs. Couldn't stand it anymore. How long did you brother in law make it?

The best job Sharp offered was the Ace Driver. Those guys make a minimum of $1700 per week. That much is a salary. They used to do the type of loads the ssb is doing. Now they have them filling in doing store deliveries at all of the different dc's that Sharp services. They also made it mandatory that they stay out up to 5 weeks at a time. Then add in drivecam, and all the other safety bs that can be added to a truck. No thanks.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Crusader66 Thanks this.
  7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Free at last
    Free at last

enicolasy, Finfn1372, Rock6531 and 7 others Thank this.
  8. ncmickey

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    He was there a few years. He did store deliverys. Home every day though.
    He went back to school and works at the VA now in hospital admin...

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've tried to behave...but your experience forces me to speak up. While your delay was more excessive than my worst (I think my longest visit to one of a number of ###-clown circuses was 38 hours, only to have the load cancel)...imagine having similar issues 4 or 5 per month. Now you see why I rant and rave so much... Or a more polite way of saying it is....

Sorry...couldn't resist

10. mattbh23

mattbh23 Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Playing catching up.....seems like I have been gone forever. @radioshark wtf!!!!! They held you that long!!!!!????? That is pure b.s.

Can't remember where I left off...well Friday I delivered in Sterling, Il at the Wal Mart DC...guess one of the guard shack guys cut the bridge of his nose on something outside so that was interesting.....

I was preloaded out of Walcott going up to Johnny Deere in Valley Spring for a Monday AM drop. Hung out in Fargo Sunday. After dropping in Valley Spring I was sent over to Jamestown and they load hella fast.

Headed to Charlotte for a Thursday AM delivery at Sygma. Then it's time off!!! Headed to Myrtle Beach to hang out with some friends.

Right doing my 10 in New Paris, OH

WalterSobchak, ncmickey and Crusader66 Thank this.
  11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Well as long as you're not letting grass grow under your feet lol...

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.