Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    You did get lucky, I can only imagine what snow and ice would have made this like. I cought slick roads around Arlington WY combined with high winds but that was. Be nice when winter is over. Thinking of taking Montana out of here. Findung truck parking can be a pain.

Lowlite Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Actually easier to park in MT than WA, should have no problem as you make your way back East.

sc00ter and Xeres63 Thank this.
  4. spooky-tooth

spooky-tooth Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    ohio
    Not to sidetrack this thread, do you have an option to opt out IF company uses a per diem payroll system? Don,t want to start any argument, simply yes or no will suffice. Thanks and I certainly enjoy following this thread.

5. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Per diem is optional. 0-10 cpm of your pay... Your choice of how much in that range if you choose to get it.

spooky-tooth and Winnyf1 Thank this.
  6. mattbh23

mattbh23 Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Yessir, thanks you too.

7. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Ive read per diem will f you over come tax time. Might want to talk to a company, get the specifics on how it works, then talk to an account. Id recommend getting an account anyways. Mine told me to keep track of the days Im on the road, and what my expenses are related to doing this job. I guess you get a per diem while out on the road or something like that for taxes.

8. Brian76

Brian76 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    You won’t be able to claim any per diem in 2018 because of the new tax law. So counting your days and expenses is useless now. If you want per diem it’s wise to take it from your company if you can if not you’re out of luck.

Woobie Thanks this.
  9. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Just doing what he said when I asked about what can be a tax write off like my cell phone and what not.

10. Brian76

Brian76 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    There are no more write offs as of January 1st. Itemized deductions are a thing of the past. You should probably talk to him again or talk to a cpa that knows trucking. A lot has changed since January 1st. You don’t have to believe me that’s up to you.

11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    You can still itemize, it’s just the personal deduction will be better for most people...and yes per diem apparently has been eliminated.

spooky-tooth and Ray Strack Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.