Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When I was Creten, I use to have altitude issues with the same type ya'll use. Was told by the dealer that it either needs a new glow plug, serviced or a high altitude compensator. (I could never find such a part for them, so I think he was pulling my leg.) Crete flushed the unit with kerosene and replaced the glow plug but I hardly went out west, so I don't know if it fixed the altitude issue. It ran fine back east where they liked to keep me.

Woobie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Woobie

Woobie Medium Load Member

May 3, 2013
    RVA
    As I said, I had this problem a couple weeks ago and I had scheduled a service in CR, but a day later it started working fine. Hindsight being 20/20, I've come to realize it's an altitude issue. Jeff just confirmed that for me, so apparently it's fairly common. Supposedly TK makes a high altitude fuel pump for the heater. Kinda makes sense if it uses a suction style pump, without enough pressure differential at altitude it can't pull fuel to the heater. It still spins up and blows air, but doesn't fire off.

4. Xeres63

Xeres63 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Sometimes mine has a problem firing (doesn’t matter where) and once I shut the APU off and let it “reset” it will generally fire up and run fine. I’ve had to do this up to three times (reset it).

Lowlite Thanks this.
  5. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    I used to part my truck at Johnsons Corner Petro durning home time. Never had a problem with the bunk heater. Had the fuse blown after a truck wash that caused the unit problems.

6. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Well this day sucked royally. At least the bunk heater works though o_O

7. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    They are out there, but as hard to get as a clean 18 is to keep in CR...

8. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Learned that the inlet filter can also cause intermittent failures...just had mine serviced.

Lowlite Thanks this.
  9. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Well.... 11 weeks today since I fell down those steps.

My MRI showed a SLAP tear (Superior Labruim Anterior to Posterior) and a partially torn rotator cuff.

Did 6 weeks of PT so far. 6 more to go.

I got cleared to return to work. My first PT appointment they did some measurements. I had 20-25% mobility. Today the measurements were 65-70%

I’m going to be running up and back to Norfolk VA to the Port all next week. Really looking forward to being back on the road.

It’s been a tough ordeal... but I couldn’t have asked for a better company. Most companies ‘say’ that their drivers are their top priority. This company has shown it. I found a gem.....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    mattbh23, Woobie, txtodd and 10 others Thank this.
  10. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    This truck is hosed. Second phase of derate sitting in a dock waiting to get loaded in WI. Dont think I'll be making it home anytime soon. Sweet loaner.

11. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    Since the mandatory Elogs have been in. What have you seen if anything that has changed. This is a general question.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.