Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Ive heard you talk about your truck and the issues it has had. Ive also heard about how 2015 was the first year for the 579 and had some flaws to work out as a result lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    Fyi, anyone coming thru Colorado today. High winds, 60 - 65 mph gust along I 25 & 70. All areas east of the mountains.

4. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Chained up for the first time this morning at about 0430 on Snoqualmie.

Let's just say I'll never ask for that for Christmas.

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  5. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Of course there is an anecdote with this adventure.

I wake up about 0245 in Ellensburg, about what... 60 miles from Snoqualmie give or take... it’s 40 degrees and no snow on the ground nor bad weather in sight.

When I arrive at the chain up area prior to Snoqualmie, there is snow and slush and it’s about 36 degrees. Drivers are all upset on the CB because we have to chain. “It’s only slush.” “This is ########.” “Why do we have to chain? What for?” They ask. Some drivers said screw it and continued on without chains.

Sure enough, at the tippity-top, the weather is horrible. The road is covered in ice. You can hardly see anything. Pretty drastic change from the bottom where we put the chains on.

As for putting my chains on, I had never done it before so I watched a quick YouTube video (good thing I had service).

All was well and I could have been done in 35 minutes. But after I set all my chains up and roll forward a bit, the last 2 chains I discovered I put on inside out. So I have to start over with those 2. The other 3 were fine and held up nice. So now I’m a little frustrated and flustered because I have to fix the last 2. So those 2 end up being sloppy and a potential 35 minute task turned into about an hour and 45 minutes. Good thing my tires can take a beating from me :)

Anyway, I made it through. But the last 2 were sloppy and one of those was about to fall off by the time it came for me to stop and unchain. Of course this made my delivery late, so that added to my frustration.

Here I am... 67 miles from where I chained...
    image.jpg

Rugerfan and Ray Strack Thank this.
  6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Sometimes it worth the $40 bucks to have someone else put them on.

txtodd and Zata40 Thank this.
  7. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Yeah I hear ya! I thought about it! But I figure I’ve never done it so I might as well suck it up and learn myself.

runningman0661 Thanks this.
  8. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    I made the mistake of trying In-N-Out while I was down here in New Braunsfell TX. I cant believe how sold I am on the animal double with hot peppers. They have one 5 miles from the ogden flying J too. So basically TX and west coast runs through 84 and up 15 will now be my favorite runs. I smashed 4 burgers, a fry, and a shake at this place today and am hookedo_O

Bumper, Lowlite, Zata40 and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Welcome to The Club Ray, you now have a reason to live...LOL.

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  10. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    I was thinking of getting it again in Utah but my goal is to make it further than ogden tomorrow. I'll have to see how things pan out. Im shutting down in a reservation tonight I believe and timing my day off how far moab is away because I wanna make sure the sun is up for that. Don't exactly get many chances to run through moab, or NM for that matter. Im so excited for moab! Please be as beautiful as Ive heard.

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    I'm running this Jamestown to Pryor load for the second time in 2 weeks. I've done this several times. It's 800 something miles. 2 days for pickup and driving, deliver on day 3. Not the most tight load, but one of my favorites. Great, easy driving... Everyone knows Jamestown is awesome. Then there is onsite parking in Pryor plus a Shell truck stop a couple miles away.

Preloaded from Tulsa to Garner. Making my way to home time in Michigan. I'm a sucker for great weather.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.