Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Just wanted to contribute without making people too p-o'd...after all, a picture is worth a 1000 words, so a emoticon must be worth somewhere around 500 or so.

Xeres63 and taodnt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Hey @Oor when do you get the new 19 and what’s the number going to be? I want wave as I blow your doors off...

Just kidding, glad you guys are getting decent sized trucks to train in finally...

4. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Far from a disgruntled ex employee.

I left Magnum on good terms. I was told I could come back anytime.

I just don't agree with the way they are headed and that's why I'm not there.

They went from a great company that attracted good drivers to a company that can't even keep new drivers.

You enjoy it there bc their poor decisions give you job security.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  5. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I do t care what they do in the office as long as my checks don’t bounce, get me home on time, leave me alone, and miles are good.
    All of which they currently do.

mattbh23 and Lowlite Thank this.
  6. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    The ultra loft still haven't come in yet so I'm waiting. Could have had a new midroof, but don't want to move truck twice.

Plus, hanging on to a stick for as long as I can. Trying to get them to order at least one that way for me.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    mattbh23 Thanks this.
  7. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    I stay at magnum for many reasons. One, the money is good. Two, I live on top of their major freight lane. Three, good equipment.

The job security comes from the fact that it's reefer. Everybody wants to eat everyday. I train because I enjoy it. Satisfying to help someone down on their luck get a good job, even if they move on. If not for that, I'd just have the whole dang truck to myself with a big screen on the back wall.

You keep harping on the fact that they can't keep drivers. Nobody can keep drivers. Industry turnover rate is 97%. Magnum does better than most, two out of five make it a year. And of those, most only did the year to get a local gig.

OTR is not for everybody and the labor market is tight. Which brings us to where we are today. Pay going up, quality of recruits going down. I see it way more up close than you do, believe me.

Shane K Thanks this.
  8. mattbh23

mattbh23 Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Well....in other news did y'all hear Werner taking their cruising speed to 68

9. Woobie

Woobie Medium Load Member

May 3, 2013
    RVA
    I took my cruise speed to 75 by buying my own truck...and I don't have a computer beeping at me or randomly applying the brakes.

Xeres63, Winnyf1, txtodd and 6 others Thank this.
  10. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    You'll make 27% more on fuel savings if you knock it back to 65. And another 20% if you go 55. Figure your fuel bill and see what 47% off buys you.

If I owned a truck I'd be the slowest guy out there. I like money more than speed.

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It takes a little more calculation to figure out if you're making more or not. Slower speeds means more time off your logbook, thus less available time to move the next load, so load productivity goes down. If the loads pay good enough, then slow down and take fewer loads...but then again, if they're paying good, and you lose the ability to move one more load on the pay period, would slowing down and saving on fuel expense make up for the missed load revenue...it's the age old conundrum...sorta like which came 1st, the chicken or the egg.

Woobie, Xeres63, Ray Strack and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.