Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Ok thanks. I high idled one like that and it seemed to make it cut off quickly, more quickly than the standard cruise bump.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    20180722_082137.jpg On my cascadia...put a heavy weight on the accelerator pedal...and leave it there..start the truck...and it idles forever

4. taodnt

taodnt Light Load Member

May 6, 2017
    North of Green Bay
    Now that’s putting the metal to the pedal.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    When parked, turn the cruise control on and then hit the + button. It raises up the idle to about 750 rpms and it idles

6. War Wagon

War Wagon Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Southport, NC
    So here is my saga on getting home:
    Turned in my notice on the 10th. Told them my latest day was the 27th.
    Asked to be run by the house in NC to empty the truck out sometime before then. Just a turn around.
    My wife came with me this trip because I had no idea if I was getting the other job, so she would get dropped off with my stuff.
    Suddenly we have no loads to NC. None.
    I got put on a load to Ohio. Not enough hours to make it (recapping) so sitting on it a whole weekend until 2359 Monday night. Yes that was the actual appt time. Get that load off, and have a load from Coke in Columbus to Fridley. It was scheduled to be picked up Monday morning, the same day I have an appt for 2359 that night, and delivers on Wed. Preload so no worries right?
    Get my load Tuesday morning, head to Fridley.
    Get sent a load that picks up Wednesday at 11 am heading to Ga. Maybe I can swing close by the house on return trip? Problem is I won't even get into Fridley until 10. Pick up is 1.5 hours away. Can't make it since I'm running a day behind now thanks to sitting all weekend.Get pulled off that load. Ask again about a NC load. Nope. Nothing. Here is a load going back to Ohio though.
    Take the load, call and ask if anything on Ohio is heading to NC. Nope. Nothing. So back to Coon Rapids I come.
    I figured that now I'm gonna have to just toss some stuff, like that new broom I bought 2 weeks ago when mine broke. Oh well.
    Start pricing 2 tickets out of Fargo.
    Holy ####. You have GOT to be kidding me. That's more than my house payment.
    I hunt and hunt and can't find anything I can afford out of Fargo. Start checking here in Minneapolis. Much cheaper, buy still expensive to fly on Friday. More than I can spend right now. I wasn't planning on paying for 2 tickets.
    So now I have had to book my flight out of Minneapolis on Thursday afternoon. Only one I could really afford and schedule wise work for me.

God I love trucking.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  7. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Flying out of the twins is definitely better than Fargo. $660 out of fargo connecting flights and layover or $200 out of the twins direct flight for me. One of the many things I didnt enjoy about OTR. Best of luck on the new job!

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When I left Magnum for Big G, I had actually toyed with the idea of renting a car one way when I saw how expensive Fargo flights were. Even looked at cheap U-haul rentals.

9. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Rent a car

10. Lowlite

Lowlite Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Anyone know how to check in @ QDC in Aurora, CO?

ncmickey Thanks this.
  11. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    From Google

To find the receiving office , take 32nd parkway to himalaya road. turn north from 32nd. Then turn left at the end of the buildings. (There is no street name as of 11/5/17) then go to the first left . Go about 600-800 feet. They will be on the right sw corner is receiving.

THERE ARE NO SIGNS TELLING YOU THIS EITHER!!! QCD needs to fix this!!!
    The address may be the legal address but it’s not where you check in!!! Google maps does not show the me streets yet...., fix this google!

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.