Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    My wife just had 15 inches of her colon removed. Had to cut her open couldn't do the operation robotically . Not a walk in the park. Stay in the hospital as long as you can. Keep up on pain medication. No sit ups. Also have physical therapy come in and show you how to get up and bend. She gets better each day. Oh, your energy level will be gone. Dont do to much for the 1st 2 weeks. Good luck.

sc00ter, WesternPlains and Xeres63 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Best of luck scooter, get well soon.

sc00ter and WesternPlains Thank this.
  4. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Good luck and take care!

I'm picking up a brokered load in Arlington TX with 3 drops.

South Bend IN and Wyoming MI on one day and Ypsilanti MI the next morning. About 1300 loaded miles.

Magnum is now offering a company-supplied 24" TV and Epic Vue satellite with no subscription fees to the driver, and a $500 deposit to get it. I declined since I don't watch much TV.

We've had a few surveys about what drivers would like in the trucks and I guess the Epic Vue was the most popular.

I pulled my lower back muscle about 3 weeks ago while doing squats. Probably the worst pain I've ever experienced for about 3 days. Lived on pain killers for 3 days. Took about 2 hours to simply get out of bed in the morning it hurt so bad. But I survived... Barely! I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. This pushed me to the limit though. Hurts just thinking about it. It's still a tad sore at moments. But I can walk at a normal pace and generally I can tell it's improving. Hope I never have to go through that again. This gave me a whole new appreciation for my lower back. It's involved in pretty much any kind of movement.

Lowlite and WesternPlains Thank this.
  5. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

I don't think I'd take up the satellite offer. Unless I'm on a reset, I really don't have time for TV. I guess they had to go along with what so many other companies are offering. With s wifi booster and cable, I would've preferred paid wifi at pilot/FJ. At least I use that. Ricky, thanks for the heads up on the surgery. Yes, I'll try to stay as long as possible and believe me, I won't come back to work til I'm fully able. I've read where people have actually done great harm by trying to lift or stress the abdominal area before it fully heals. Thankfully, most of our loads are very driver friendly. The biggest problem I see is drivers not dropping a trailer so it's not a ##### to raise up when loaded. Mostly customer yard drivers I guess. Anyway, guessing sometime July 1 and I'll be back at it. Stay safe out there...hope everyone steered clear of the snow that fell again in northern Illinois and Wisconsin...will it ever end? C'ya!

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  6. flightconn

flightconn Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2018

I would think company paid parking would be a better benefit than satellite TV

Nathanos, Lowlite and sc00ter Thank this.
  7. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Magnum took away the paid parking reimbursement long ago. Now you gotta beg for it.

8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Don’t need no TV.
    Don’t have any problem with paid parking. Do it when I have to. They cover it.
    The PC driving. Don’t let your hours go to zero. Then switch. It won’t let you. Make sure you go to PC before you get to zero. The going over 25. Just need to contact safety. They’ll fix it if legitimate reason. With me. Had to leave and go back to receiver in Chicago it was close in. Only truck stops I was confident I could get parking were 30+ miles away. They fixed it.
    I drove through the storm yesterday morning. Lotsa 55mph to be careful. Still managed to get 661 miles for the day.

radioshark Thanks this.
  9. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Good deal WP! Sounds like you're doing well. Chicago or Atlanta can be a pain for late night parking. DFW as well but there are places to hide around there. I think since mid Jan, I had to pay for parking 3 or 4 times, mostly in mid atlantic.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  10. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    In the last hour. Wyo. went from 50mph gusts, to 60mph gusts warning. No thank you. I’m bowing out. Parked in Gillette. Besides... I know Wyo...they’re on the verge of stopping us flat sided trailers at 60mph gusts. Might as well park someplace comfortable.

sc00ter, Lowlite, Bumper and 2 others Thank this.
  11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    Spent too much time looking at info. Got stupid and tried to keep going. I’m stopped in Sheridan. No way... it’s bad.

Bumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.