Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. RubberDuck473

RubberDuck473 Light Load Member

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    Not sure on the 24/7 part, I don't remember seeing a key pad or anything like that last time I was there, and I only ever went there in the daytime. They seem to constantly change the location of where they let Magnum park their stuff. When I 1st started at Magnum, that area was at the rear of the terminal. Then last time I was there it was up front. No Magnum staff at the location. Not sure if they will let Magnum drivers park PV's there or not. Don't see why they wouldn't, but then again, they're kinda odd there.
    If you need more info, given that this thread doesn't see much action these days, give Uncle Tony in recruiting at Magnum a holler and bombard him with questions.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Well if they didn't let drivers park their personal vehicles there when we went out OTR then that terminal would of zero advantage to me personally, but I'll have to ask recruiting about all of that if nobody on this thread knows. It's so much easier to have a terminal to leave your car at/park the truck at during hometime though.

Yeah I know I've been bombarding this thread and other threads with questions I'll stop clogging up the threads on this forum lol. I really can't decide who I want to work for, the companies I've narrowed it down to are all good but none blow the other out of the park or anything. Hopefully whoever I go with next it'll be my last stop for a long, long time. I really hate switching companies.

Have you made your decision yet RubberDuck with what you're going to do? We have it narrowed down to basically the same companies I think. Magnum, FCC, Holland, you mentioned H&M I think too in another one of your posts while I've got Danny Herman on my radar. But I think we are looking at most of the same companies.

Team818 and RubberDuck473 Thank this.
  4. RubberDuck473

RubberDuck473 Light Load Member

May 2, 2021
    Texas
    Im pretty sure I've narrowed it down to Holland and Magnum. Like I said previously, I drove for Magnum for just shy of 3 years. No forced dispatch, the majority of the time you get to pick your load (if you're in Fargo or Coon Rapids), no micromanagement, awesome home time, great atmosphere, great equipment, no east coast (save for NJ and maybe a little bit of MD and WV) etc etc. The familiarity is what's pulling me back to them, as well. The cons for me(may differ for you) are low. 64mph trucks, no southwest freight at all (I miss the drive to and especially from Cali lol), no terminal in Texas (not that Holland has one either lol), and that's why I started looking at Holland. Sure, they're forced dispatch, have freight going to the east coast, and their home time policy is a bit antiquated, but those long runs, man. Plus they just upped their benefits game jumping up to 75% company match on 6% on your 401k. That's the best I've seen. Add to that 68-70mph trucks, free satellite radio and cable (even if they do sneak it out of your paycheck, it's one less bill you have to worry about paying lol).

It's a very tough decision to make. What I'll probably end up doing is giving Holland a shot, and keep Magnum as a backup.

And I didn't mean you shouldn't post up in here anymore, I was just saying that this thread isn't as busy as it used to be. But I've seen many resurrected threads on this site, so by all means, keep the questions coming.

Zangief, dwells40 and BeHereNow97 Thank this.
  5. LeedoShuffler

LeedoShuffler Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Waiting for more then two hours is a rarity for me. We don’t do entry level produce or meat places. I had those a lot when I was with Prime. I might have an extended wait time once or twice a quarter. We get detention, $18/hr after two hours. I’ve known Magnum to quit handling loads for companies that consistently make drivers wait 6-10 hrs.

6. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA

Drop lots usually aren't terminals. They usually don't have facilities or anything but a lot to drop trailers at to be repowered. At least that's what my experience was anyway. Never drove for Magnum so maybe they do things different.

7. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Danny Herman was one of the other companies I was thinking about going to.

I know everyone has their own versions of "clean" or not so this video leaves out room for interpretation: For those of you in this thread, was your truck cleaner, the same or dirtier than the truck in this video when you first got your truck as a new employee at Magnum?

And if you ask Magnum to get a non-smoking truck do they keep track of the drivers that were smokers or do non-smokers have a chance of getting an ash tray smelling truck?

If I ask a recruiter the recruiter is going to tell me what I want to hear that's why I'm asking here. Go to 3:15 for the truck tour to compare.

I won't give my opinion just yet as to whether I think this living environment would be "clean" or not so as to not sway the opinion one way or the other. Just wondering how Magnum compares to this when they give used trucks to a new driver.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    My first truck was professionally cleaned and detailed before I got it and absolutely spotless. Second truck was brand new.

9. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    That was my experience also. First truck was spotless. Second truck was brand new with 54 miles on it

Speed_Drums, BeHereNow97 and Winnyf1 Thank this.
  10. LeedoShuffler

LeedoShuffler Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2014
    My first and second trucks were brand new both with less then 300 miles on them. My third truck is a used FL that was immaculate. The shop manager personally verified it hadn’t been smoked in. He even went out to it and looked it over before I made the switch.

11. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    The guy in the video said he didn't know if they cleaned it out yet or not. They hadn't. No way I'd take a truck in that condition.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.