Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I’m laying in bed laughing and almost woke my girl up. LOL

motocross25 and JohnBoy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justlikemarley3

justlikemarley3 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2022
    That’s what I keep hearing but #### it’s taking weeks to get a trainer. May look elsewhere. But I keep hearing good things about them. Idk.

4. MaineRoad96

MaineRoad96 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2022
    Well. Did I jinx this or something? Angie's gone now, that sucks. Not sure what happened but she was always really nice to me and very prompt about handling issues that I had in a timely manner (not that I had to contact her much).

Hope her replacement is as nice/as good as she was. Dispatchers really can make or break a company and what kind of experience you have at a company. We'll see what happens.

5. MaineRoad96

MaineRoad96 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2022
    @cdavis188 how's it going now that you're out of Kansas instead of Michigan now? Has your experience gotten better as far as deadhead miles for your load home?

6. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    I just accepted a job offer for Magnum. They are short on trainers, so they won't have one available for me until the end of October. It's no fun going that long without a paycheck, but I figure that once you get through the first month of waiting, and another month of training, then I can enjoy being with what sounds like a really good company for quite a while after that. I'm really looking forward to getting started!

MaineRoad96 and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. justlikemarley3

justlikemarley3 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I just accepted too. They told me end of October as well. Hopefully they’re as good as others are saying. It’s a long way from home lol.

Zangief and MaineRoad96 Thank this.
  8. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    Good luck. Maybe we will be in orientation together!

MaineRoad96 Thanks this.
  9. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Sorry i haven't been on recently, just been busy (I totally didn't forget about this thread or anything ). Finished my delivery and am here at the Rochelle Petro taking a much needed 34. I reset my trip odometer when i came out of hometime on the 30th and it says 3,530.9 miles as of now. I'm sure paid miles aren't far behind. Not bad for a weeks worth of work.

Zangief and Winnyf1 Thank this.
  10. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Not really. Last time i had hometime they had my deadhead home from DFW. Though that was because A. my 70 was spent when i got there and therefor i couldn't pick up my reload, and B. i didn't want to be late for hometime, which would have happened because of said clock situation. Never said i was the absolute best at time management :(

With that being said, I love it when your clock is almost spent, or you're running on recaps (which was my case), and dispatch gives you a load that won't work with either situation. It takes all of maybe a minute to pull up said driver's clock and see what their hours are. Then the broker pulls the load because it has to be shipped on time. Probably my biggest qualm with Magnum. A lot of headaches could be avoided if they took 30 seconds out of their day to look at clock situations.

MaineRoad96 and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.