Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    Picked up a load of material for a drilling rig in Larime. Haul to Williston, ND. One of the totes developed a leak of the powder. Got to a BB on my way to next load. They charged 3 times the cost to do the wash out. Once water came in contact with the powder, It expanded and stuck like glue. Called Nick and he passed the cost along to the broker.

Winnyf1 and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    A call came in yesterday from my trainer and it sounds like we will be heading out tomorrow to finish up the last couple weeks of my training. I'm really looking forward to getting out there!

cdavis188, dwells40 and Winnyf1 Thank this.
  4. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Congrats! What's your first load with your trainer?

Zangief Thanks this.
  5. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    I have a broker load picking up out of Sparta, MI tomorrow morning going up to St. Cloud. The issue is that it doesn't deliver until Sunday evening. Called Jenn and she said I couldn't drop it in the yard because no locals work on the weekend, which is understandable. But the reciever is closed Friday and Saturday night because of course they are, so she can't move the appointment date up. I have a nice run to Georgia after this, but loads like these are the reason why I'm considering giving the one finger salute to reefer business. Too many of these BS loads because of boneheaded cold storage warehouses. I hauled dry van with Schneider with frequent DNH's and had a lot less crap to deal with. Not pointing fingers at Magnum, I'm pointing fingers at all the terrible cold storage warehouses. A year of pulling reefers and I'm already sick and tired of all the BS of going to these places.

Might try to sneak up to the UP to visit family for a day. It's not all that too far out of the way.

Zangief, Winnyf1 and Mnmover99 Thank this.
  6. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Made it to the hook in Black River Falls and called it a day. A much needed shower is in order. For all the times I've stopped here for fuel I've never actually taken a 10 here. I'll probably stop by the CR yard in the morning to see what's up and then boogie woogie on over to the Clearwater Travel plaza for a 34 before i deliver. Too bad i can't sample the juice on my trailer. Cranberry, apple, watermelon, etc....all Old Orchard brand.

7. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    So when i first got my truck it was set at 64. Kinda slow but i had no issues or stress. It got turned up to 65 and I've gotten stressed to the point where I'm running 63-64 again. So many companies are governed at 65 that it's a nightmare on the highways. Trucks bunched up together where no one can pass, or if they do it takes them 14 years, is an accident waiting to happen. I'd rather run a little bit slower and get passed by everyone but Prime and the occasional Swift truck than end up in a bad situation...

Nateman482, Goldenfan, Zangief and 2 others Thank this.
  8. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Delivery at AWG in St. Cloud went a lot better than expected. Currently at a rest area in Illinois taking a load down to Georgia. Only 27,000 lbs..should make going over Monteagle a bit easier. The Publix DC in Dacula has overnight parking but I'll end up at one of the truckstops north of Atlanta since I need a shower. If i get a nice run back after this i might be able to salvage this week into something not too bad.

Nateman482 Thanks this.
  9. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    A complete dumpster fire delivering here at the Publix DC here in Dacula, GA. By the way things are going i won't make my 1300 appointment for pickup by ATL airport until tomorrow at this rate.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Seems nothing has changed at that facility…

dwells40 Thanks this.
  11. cdavis188

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Well my days here have officially become numbered. Notified my DM of my 2 weeks notice today.

Zangief, wulfman75, Nateman482 and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.