Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I guess I've been keeping my nuts too warm...I mean my snack food not my...well, you know. I picked up 3 pallets of some kind of imported nuts outside DC and delivered in Chicago this a.m. Shipper said keep them at 55°. Now I am picking up in Elgin....more nuts, and they want them kept at 60°. All this time, when I buy mixed nuts for a snack, I keep them in my snack crate on the passenger seat. I guess they should have been in the fridge. Maybe that is whats wrong with me, hot nut-itus

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    HeavyHauler33, 4mer trucker and txtodd Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I just delivered to Preferred in Chicago. 2nd time. Last time it was a partial load, today 3 pallets. Both times, in and out in under 30 minutes. I guess they didn't get the memo in Chicago

HeavyHauler33 Thanks this.
  4. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    LOL, I have a friend who keeps his in the freezer, loves frozen cashews :). I love that load to Chitown, nice and light though getting into the dock in DC is a nice challenge.

HeavyHauler33 Thanks this.
  5. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah that location isn't to bad, occasionally load there too, oh well, another steak dinner from detention.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That was a fun place. Thankfully it was a quick load, otherwise no one else gets to use that end driveway for a while.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Dang, you change avatars more than I change my underwear

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This one fits me better.

enicolasy, 4mer trucker and tucker Thank this.
  9. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    WOW. And all this time I thought nuts were the things your wife kept in a jar at room temp...

You learn things every day here at Magnum :p

HeavyHauler33 and enicolasy Thank this.
  10. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    Sitting here in North East, MD. Yes, that's actually the name of the town. NORTH EAST. Because... Who knows why. I'm getting killed on miles this week. Holiday plus repairs, stuff happens. It's gonna be a 2k mile week.

On the up-side, this is the worst week I've had in three months and it's just holiday and freight-lanes. Luck of the draw. And for all that, with the performance-pay increase, i'm still making decent money, if not good.

Spoke to Jeremy for 2 minutes. The last time I talked to dispatch was Thursday. No fuss, no muss, no hassle, no "where are you now?" calls, no nada. Magnum trusts me to get the job done and leaves me the Heck ALONE.

Been doing a lot of thinking over the last couple of months about alternatives, etc. I'm just not coming up with anything better.

With the raise, I'm making as much or more as I could possibly hope to anywhere else, with lot's LESS hassle.

Not trying to be a Magnum cheerleader, but ####, I have a really hard time seeing how I could be doing better.

The kicker, as always, will be what my w2s say in January. But for now, I'm working a lot less, for the same money or better than I did on flatbed,(on a specialized fleet at 43.75 CPM + a lot of extras) with less hassle, better equipment and frankly, just a lot friendlier environment. Which is worth a lot all on it's own.

Talked with another Magnum driver for a few hours at a shipper last night, she said about the same.

I'm gonna have a "bad" week here. No two ways around it. I'm gonna gross over 1k per week. on this paycheck. For a "bad week," 1k ain't bad.

I think I'm gonna have to say that Magnum pretty much rocks it. I'm just not seeing how I could be doing better as a company driver without so many hassles that the money didn't make the job a nightmare.

cdavis188, HeavyHauler33 and Xeres63 Thank this.
  11. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    'Bad-luck Schlep-rock is MY nickname. don't EVEN try to steal it from me... :p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.