Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Holo989

Holo989 Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Marietta, GA
    Picked up the truck here in Ga Monday and then went on home time, I pick up in College Park tomorrow and then make my way up to Fargo so they can look this truck over. Had to get a steer replaced on it because it was so badly worn on the inside of the tire the whole truck started to bounce at 55 mph. And I took a whole day getting all the trash out of it and scrubbing it from top to bottom I even took the mattress out and the cover off and washed it but the truck still smells like smoke and I found out today that the power inverter is not working right. When I go to plug anything into it the power seems to be surging in and out so I cant plug anything into it. Does anyone know what might be the problem with it? Its not a huge issue because I'm going to ask for a different truck anyways because of the smoke smell but it would be nice to use it for the time I have it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Tell them you expect to be paid for cleaning the other pigs filth out of the truck.

4. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Best in what class?

How do they do it?

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The class that rides the short bus

cdavis188 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You're talking to a truck swap expert. At Poly, in my 25 months there, my butt was probably in the drivers seat of 25-30 different trucks. I just don't have room to carry my transfer totes in this truck. Besides, part of the reason I left was the constant use of loaners...where do you think @Loanerdude got his name, before his current ride, he had worse luck than I did keeping a truck out of the shop and on the road.

As far as the part of me doing so good. It didn't help. In fact it hurt, my tongue will never be the same from all the biting.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  7. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I'm just mad bc I can't find all these women I was promised were at truck stops!

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    @Holo989, I know what you mean about the smokers stink. As a non-smoker, I have yet to find anything that gets rid of it. The last truck I had at Poly, I was in it over a year, and you would still get the stench coming out of the a/c vents. The only thing I found that kinda helped mask the odor without being to overpowering was coffee. I bought those maxwell house filter packs and kept one in front of the a/c filter all the time.

As far as the inverter, that is what mine is doing intermittently, so I guess what yours is doing is what I have to look forward to.

9. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Febreze helps but you really have to soak the cloth. May take several bottles and several treatments.

I used to smoke and used it to get rid of the smell when I was trying to quit

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Gotta spray a bunch down the vents. At least these trucks only have lower vents in the sleeper. The mid-roof Internationals had vents up behind the cabinet. I think they make a smokers febreeze now if I'm not mistaken.

11. Ordy19

Ordy19 Medium Load Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Nothing like the fresh smell of a smokeless ash tray while reaching for my zippo and pack of reds first thing in morning, goes great when you open the door with all the wonderful truck stop smells.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.