Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    At least you can watch the "convention" with sound

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    In about 2 weeks.... When I am headed home... Enjoying the new scenery!!

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I wish I had that option. But unless I followed after our previous co-worker @majestyk and break out the grill and charcoal, I have to eat out of truck stops or lunchmeat. The inverter in my regular truck is to unpredictable and the shop is unwilling to replace it until it dies. And #### sure karma will rear her ugly head 5 minutes after I spend a weeks food money on supplies and makes it act up. It did that a few months ago after I bought 2 weeks worth of chicken. Put them in ziplocks and put them in the freezer, and poof, the inverter went nuts and then they froze to the inside of the freezer. I had a heck of a time getting them out of there when I was switching to this loaner. I'm sure with an engine removal they disconnect the batteries. Imagine the stench of several days of hot weather and thawed chicken in the warm truck.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm betting on the lottery. I deliver in OKC in the morning. My previous stop was in no hurry to unload, so I pulled in the J in OKC at 2300...and got THE last free parking spot. Sometime a blind squirrel does find a nut or two.

6. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Dude who did you wrong and what sort of exorcism do we need to conduct for you. Seriously you have spoken personally to Randy and he will not replace your inverter? Did you also try Tony?

My friend who just started here had his replaced, it really shouldn't be a big deal...

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  7. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah I'm confident he wasn't watching...

8. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    When and where in Idaho, I'm headed for Oregon and should be coming through Friday night and Saturday.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The problem is intermittent, so they can't say for sure that it's the inverter. They checked the batteries and all the connections and overload protection and found nothing. And since it wasn't cutting out when they were checking it out, they weren't going to put another $300+ inverter in unless they knew it was the problem. Sometimes it goes weeks without an issue, then it goes nuts every day for a week. The other day I was sitting on my 30 with the truck off and it just started. I know it isn't my 6-way plug causing the problem because both my microwave and my tv were flashing on and off, and they are on seperate 6-ways. (Or were, my tv is on my personal 400 watt now)

As far as the curse...it's a family tradition, my father had this kind of luck, my grandpa had it, my son has it...and probably his son will have it too, but he is only 7 months old, so we're not sure when it'll show up. There is a Subaru commercial out now where everything the kid touches breaks, blows up or falls apart...except the car...so far, I haven't found my "Subaru".

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    4mer trucker Thanks this.
  10. Winnyf1

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Still it's a $10K system, replace it and keep the old one...you're not the only truck to experience an inverter failure so they shouldn't make to big of a deal about it.

So enjoying the room in the condo truck?

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That's kinda how I feel about the inverter, but I don't make the decisions...I iz gist a stooped truk dreyever.

Yes and no on the truck. The back has more storage room, but no place to keep my phone or my laundry basket...plus I keep whacking my knee on the front grab handle every time I get out of the truck. It backs easier, but because it's a shorter hood, you sit closer to the steers so it rides rougher. Honestly, I miss my 579.

Pigbacon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.