Mandatory logging on duty fueling

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scott180, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Isn't the same "professional thing" at the TRIPLE T in Tucson, AZ., and Big Cabin, OK.?

I 'think" I fueled ONCE in Big Cabin yet told one a tha folk that eyel wash me own wyndurz and never got fuel at Triple T but did 1nce or twice scratch the glass.
    Thanks! CHEERS!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Takes me 5-7 minutes to fuel my tanks and run around truck to do load check and bump tires. Of course I've got small tanks

4. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Running regular or random route(s)??
    If regular, factor what ya need for the tour plus a wee bit idle time: railroad, wreck, cow crossing, alien ship sighting, 4 wheelers smoking an intersection, other, and "fill up".
    Leave it like ya found it as best you're able.
    I've done such and it worked to the other drivers' dismay, but it wasn't my problem.

whiners whine, Workers Work.

CHEERS!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  5. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Ok, I'll log 15 minutes to fuel, it takes 8 minutes, the other 7 I can lollygag around

buzzarddriver Thanks this.
  6. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    DOT felt the long lines of drivers sitting on the fuel islands weren't long enough.

Now everybody will be getting in their 15 minute fuel and 30 minute breaks on the fuel islands.

The lines will be backed up to the interstate.

The mega chain truck stops will eventually have to deploy a tow truck army on site just to keep things moving. Just you watch.

nredfor88 and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    How is logging 15 minutes now different then what used to be?

Before. You only had 15 minute increments.

8. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    The OP is almost certainly trolling, look at how many took the bait and freaked out.

9. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    And why freak out anyway? I’m delighted, even thrilled when I get in and out of a fuel stop in under a half hour. Heck, I’m downright glad when Vlad in his flip flops finally saunters out with his roller dog and large Coke and pulls the white Volvo away from the pump!

And as far back as I can remember (23 years of CDL driving, anyway), fueling was “on duty”. It’s true that I would occasionally log off duty so I could get a head start on the mandatory 30 minute break, but they changed that rule last year and 30 minutes on duty does the trick now. There sure isn’t any other reason to log it any differently, it’s not like it stops the 14 hour clock.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  10. mrearly2

mrearly2 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2022
    It sounds like just another B.S. rule for Control and Revenue. Why can't we just log it as it happened? Why should anyone be required to waste time if their fueling took less than 15 minutes? More rules for the slaves...

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  11. 702Trucker

702Trucker Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I’m calling BS. Not only does your link not work, but nothing comes up on a search of the FMCSA website in regards to mandatory minimum fuel times. Further, I copy and pasted the first sentence of this alleged new ruling into google and the ONLY matching result was this exact forum post.

Sounds more like like this is your company’s new policy and not one of the DOT. No wonder so many idiots spend so much #### time blocking the pumps.

ProfessionalNoticer and tarmadilo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.