May Trucking has the miles

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smokey12, May 6, 2017.

1. newbie73

newbie73 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Maybe so, but I've never been at a truck stop and it be completely silent. I appreciate your reply but it doesn't answer my question about May Trucking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U.S. Otriad

U.S. Otriad Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2017
    Good luck to you newbie...

4. newbie73

newbie73 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Thank you

U.S. Otriad Thanks this.
  5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Newbie..NO you will not be charged if you have a pet. I have a dog and never have been..I still do not idle needlessly.

newbie73 Thanks this.
  6. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Truck Speed: 61 MPH...go over 65, even on a down hill, you will get a violation report
    Miles are Zip code to Zip code. You will be paid about 5 to 9% below real miles driven
    Idle: 10% most of the year. 45% May-August. Exceptions given if you request them via Qualcomm

I am a current driver with May.

7. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Well Frank...sure would like to know your secret to getting those miles at May. I do my job and do it well....I have had one week out of the last 9 months that got close to your miles. I am Solo and 48 runner. Just my two cents. I spend far too much time sitting backed into dock doors to get those miles.

8. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon

9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I'm still doing it. What terminal do you run out of?

I don't really do anything magical. I just try to stay 3 steps ahead with my planning.

- I don't do like some guys and try to run 10 - 11 hours a day. All they accomplish is running out of hours and having to do a 34 reset. I run on recaps for weeks at a time.

In fact, I make sure I average 10 or less total on duty time every day. Of course there are times I might have to run longer, but that's why I said "average". That way I never run out of hours.

- Communicate, communicate, communicate. I keep my DM up to date with ETAs and if there's too much time on a load, I get the appointment changed or try to drop it.

I dropped one today that had too much time on it and grabbed another that delivers a day earlier for the same miles.

And I generally stay preplanned because I keep my DM informed of my ETAs.

Those are the main keys to my success at May.

And, I have a great DM.

born&raisedintheusa and 207nomad Thank this.
  10. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    #### good reply...Amen.

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  11. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    You must be new because the 65 mph thing only applies to rookie drivers, not experienced drivers.

My experience is the same as yours with the 5-9% on the paid miles, and also with the exceptions on idle. I've never been charged. But, I don't idle much. I happen to be pretty cold natured. In fact, I banked almost $300 in idle bonus during the summer. Lol

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.