May trucking idle policy

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 20, 2012.

1. loudtom

loudtom Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2016
    I've always heard the drivers that have pets don't pay for over idle.

2. smokey12

smokey12 Medium Load Member

May 30, 2012
    They dont

3. Jeremy102077

Jeremy102077 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    Pardon me for being awful at math, but I'm trying to figure out just how much I would be able to idle under this policy.
    At 10% for October - May, would that mean in a 24 hour period, I'd be permitted to idle up to about 2h40m? And I take it, they only add up time spent with engine idling, driver not on line 3? So if I happen to idle on line 4 for a pre trip, that's gonna count against me?..As well as any time with the engine idling on line 1 or 2? That's must my best educated take on how. I know maybe a bit of a stupid question. Sorry.
    Also, I'm a driver with a dog, so by the last couple replies on here, that would mean they wouldn't charge me for over idle, so long as they're aware of my dog I the truck?
    Lastly, what if say I'm in Phoenix in January, and temps are still around 90° high/65° low. If I just shoot my DM a message with that weather info, would that be enough to get me off the hook there?
    Thanks. I actually am starting orientation with May tomorrow, and before I ask these same questions in orientation, thought it would be worth checking here first. And I apologize if my questions have already all been answered on here, as I just haven't had the time to scroll through all the previous pages and posts on here.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Hot Springs, AR
    If you have a dog, idle away. But again, as I've stated MANY times, I've NEVER been bothered by anyone regarding idle time. Admittedly, I'm very cold natures and don't idle much anyway (received over $300 in idle bonus so far this summer), I do go over in the winter sometimes and never hear a peep. Just communicate with your DM and it won't be an issue.

Jeremy102077 Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted