Melton Spam!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by trucking for family, Sep 2, 2021.

1. subseaguru

subseaguru Medium Load Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Waco, Tx
    this morning ive gotten 2 calls from transport america about a job. never applied to them.

D.Tibbitt and trucking for family Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Warrior Pump

Warrior Pump Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I sometimes get texts from Swift even though I never applied to them.

D.Tibbitt and trucking for family Thank this.
  4. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    I did block that one however the calls keep coming from different number every time. 3 more so far today. They do leave a voicemail every time lol.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    I think the texts have stopped I blocked 9 numbers before they stopped. Calls not so much.

D.Tibbitt and bryan21384 Thank this.
  6. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I do same thing with calls but they always have another number. It’s aggravating as heck!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    ...."your options are not our options, please try again"....

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. drlmi

drlmi Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Ypsilanti, MI
    I actually went to work once where they calls and texts kept coming even while I was driving their truck. I quit without a two week notice and was told I would never be able to work for them again...Calls and texts kept coming. A few years later I had my own authority and they rang my phone all the time to haul their loads, even offering me dedicated stuff. (Yes you JBH).

9. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I,ONCE, told jbh a fantasy: i had 4 d.w.i. convictions in 2013.
    All calls & texts stopped.

10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Old Melton has a D&H close to where I park my truck. 2 or 3 times a week I see some poor bastige out there tarping a load that’s been sitting out there UN TARPED in the sunshine, rain, sleet, ice or snow for a week.

Go figure...

Lonesome and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. zaroba

zaroba Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2012
    South East PA
    If they use a computer with a spoofing program to initiate the phone call or send the text messages, than blocking wont work since it's a random fake number. Same with replying stop etc to the texts because it's just being sent to a random number.

Probably is true they aren't sending the spam, because they are paying an advertising company to advertise for them. Doesn't really matter though, if they refuse to fell you who than they should be held accountable for it.

Request for them to stop, threaten to sue them for harassment if they don't. Get more messages again? Tell them you are going to look for an attorney to file charges against them for violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. If they respond that they aren't doing it, than demand to have the contact info for the advertising companies they are using if they don't want to be the ones being taken to court.

Text message spam is legal, but by law they also must stop texting you if you request them to. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) exists for this specific reason. If you request for text messages to stop, and they refuse to stop, than you have full legal right to take them to court and can be awarded from $500-$1500 PER TEXT MESSAGE received after your request for them to stop.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.