Mercer Lease vs Mercer Brokerage

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Gentlemanfarmer, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Keep it truckin

Keep it truckin Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Does Mercer have a balloon payment at the end of the term for flatbeds, and are they 53 or 48 footers

2. DezTrucking

DezTrucking Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Just talked with recruiter this week and trailers are $550 a month with no balloon at the end. New trailers are 60 months and used are the remainder of the term that hasn't been paid. They are 48 combo trailers. Hope this helps.

Keep it truckin Thanks this.
  3. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Removed by author

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  4. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    My years with Mercer, I hauled several "Schneider" flatbed loads. Not a lot of them, they payed me well even after Schneider and Mercer took their cut.

So we can't say @MOGLAR is wrong, I've hauled them. Just because they paid me well in the past doesn't mean the same load isn't being offered for $1.40 or less today.

5. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    For the record, I don't know MOGLAR, and don't agree with some of what he posts. But, when a guy not even leased here decides to chime in, with half the information, I have to ask what exactly are you hoping to accomplish from your post?

6. Bo Hunt

Aug 6, 2015
    Removed by author.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Moglar being full of it doesn't mean scni doesn't have flat bed loads. They've been in the open deck business longer than most of us have been alive.

Just like any logistics/brokerage company, they have freight in all segments.

Bo Hunt Thanks this.
  8. Bo Hunt

Aug 6, 2015
    Wasn't my intention to raise a ruckus, I know our brokerage (may they burn in hell...I mean, they are awesome hehe) hauls whatever they can buy. It's just the guy has a rep of being a whiner. Came off wrong to me while researching Mercer to throw Schneider under the bus because he is failing again.

9. OakMan

OakMan Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Hey, I just got accepted at Mercer. Can anyone tell me if ill be able to find freight if I work mainly the mid west? I'll be looking to start and end in Iowa. Not much on the online board I can see now but once heard once I'm a driver and can sign in I'll see a more robust loadboard. It's a little scary, I feel like I'm going into this blind. Any help?

10. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    Their website says they have a mentor program, i would ask about that if i were you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.