Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. lowjo

lowjo Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2009
    arkansas
    man...sorry to hear that happened and thanks for info on them.

deputy881 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deputy881

deputy881 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2007

Appreciate it , but it is all good. Where I'm leased onto now I'm doing much better and making many contacts , so I'm thinking next year I'll have my own authority.

Just watch out for MERCER. lol They can hurt you financially big time

4. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    Mercer isn't for everybody, but there are too many people there making a great living doing what they want to do. My self I couldn't imagine showing up for a new job giving it a couple of months and then getting on the WWW and posting how this job sucks and how they screw the people that work for them. Especially when you show up and don't have the required equipment (like a TRAILER) and the company tries to help by providing it for you. Glad you found a new job that your happy at. Even though your already making plans to leave that job as well.... Anyone see a pattern here??

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  5. Buford

Buford Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    When I was there I was waiting on pipe out of Pensacola or sticks out of Alabama. I quit Mercer and went back on a tanker when flatbed slowed and rates cratered but have to say Mercer is the most honest and accommodating company I ever leased to in 35+ years out here.

6. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    do they have teams'? and Team freigt?

7. deputy881

Dec 17, 2007

Yes I do see a pattern here. I want to make the most money out here as I can. Unfortunately Mercer and most Companies also want to make the most money and DO NOT care.about you or me. So I will get my own authority. You may be happy at making 75% of cheap freight. You may be happy sitting with other Mercer drivers all over the Country since you are not allowed to haul any other freight but Mercer.freight. I understand that its a gamble and much harder to do better and being at a Company who limits you is safe. But oh well I can handle it unlike some.people on here.
    Now you say I.didn't have the proper equipment ??? Why does Mercer.sell trailers if I needed to bring my own ?? That DOES NOT make any sense to me. Lol can you please explain your statement ?? Instead of trying to be sarcastic haha. If they sell trailers it is OBVIOUS I did not need one to get hired on. Also is it asking to much to buy a good trailer that is not broke ???? Mercer knew the trailer was damaged when.they leased it. Is this a.honest practice ?? Mercer is not that great of a Company ,I know of many of drivers who quit. Like I said ,I.understand some people are either unable or just don't want to better themselves and do more work to make better money. That's ok. Having your own authority is way harder then being told what you.can.and can.not do buy Mercer.
    How about you do your thing and I do mine !! I put my experience with Mercer on here to educate some people of how Mercer is committing FRAUD on their trailer lease. The Kentucky Attorney Generals office agrees .
    So anyways have safe travels and have a Merry Xmas

8. deputy881

Dec 17, 2007
    How does a Company try to help buy selling a person a damaged trailer for $28,000 dollars. Thanks but I don't need help like that.
    How does a Company help by committing a fraudulent lease by charging operators for wear and tear ( that the LEGAL CONTRACT says the money goes back into the trailer ) and Mercer keeps the money instead of following what THEIR CONTRACT says . The money never goes back into the trailer. That is FRAUD.

Thanks but I really do not need help like that. Mercer does not look out after you .... They surely only look out after Mercer. Do not drink their KOOL AIDE !!

9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Thanks for answering my question....NOT!

Noggin Thanks this.
  10. redeye7174

redeye7174 Light Load Member

Feb 27, 2006
    My friend is leased on there, and he said there was a team there in orientation last week when he stopped at the terminal. I'm not sure if there flatbed or van. He pulse flatbed, very seldom does he pull anything under $2.00 a mile to the truck. He loves it there. Good luck. Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

11. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Thanks Redeye.... Merry CHRISTmas to you and you family... Have a Happy and Safe New Year as well

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.