Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. deputy881

deputy881 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Not much team freight at Mercer but yes they do have some . Know plenty of buddies leased to Mercer still. Not much freight over $2.00 a mile. Like have said in other postings, it all depends on where you run at Mercer. You will either make money Or go broke. One thing for certain , you will sit in line to get a load. Don't rely on Dale Korum for anything .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deputy881

Dec 17, 2007
    If Mercer is so great why such a high turn over rate ??? Lol. Why do they.have a full room every week for orientation ?? Why do I talk to many a owners that used to work there ?? They have their good but believe me they have their bad also. They are no where near perfect.
    You will sit a lot and will dead head way too much.
    Safe travels and merry Christmas. Hope everyone of you have a awesome and safe Christmas and New Years.

4. Buford

Buford Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    If your friend doesn't pull many loads for less than $2 a mile he'll never run out of hours at Mercer. Mercer loads by seniority and uses brokers to load trucks so do the math and see for yourself. For myself, I loved the atmosphere at Mercer but the money just wasn't there

SheepDog Thanks this.
  5. deputy881

Dec 17, 2007
    Absolutely correct BUFORD.... My coordinator was awesome . My main problem was the trailer lease purchase , crooked as hell.. The other problems were low rates and a lot of sitting or dead heading. I'm sorry but I dont wanna go BBQ at a truckstop with Mercer drivers. lol My idea of BBQ'S is at home with the wife and family, not hanging out at different truckstops around the Country...

6. Magnum1

Magnum1 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    We have recently received a new shipment of log books and want to make you aware of a change on the log page. Now there is an area in the bottom left corner that asks for your odometer reading at the beginning of each day. This information, as well as the state routes and state miles, must be filled out. Also, the recap is no longer on the inside of the front cover. It is now on a separate page in the beginning of the book. - is it me, or mercer is beginning to slide towards the pushy company? odometer readings, state routes, really?

7. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    by pushy i mean no better than the rest

8. bulldogroush

bulldogroush Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2012
    so im cornfused, is merser a good co. or not?

9. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    So far-for 2011? Yes. However, if you are willing to stay out longer, I know of a company where you can make more money. I've been off for about 3/4 of the month. So, I don't know how they are, I don't o ow if anything changed. Otherwise, they were good to me. I might even go to Bruce Oakley, if mercer will be doing stunts like these.

10. Shadowed

Shadowed Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Northern Wisconsin
    we have always had to fill out the routing.. the only thing different is the odometer reading.. Dont see how that is pushy..

11. Magnum1

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    Little here, little there, little here, little there =
    ADDS UP TO BEING A LOT. look at what mess this country is in - didn't happen because of the one decision but, because of a lot , what seemed to be, harmless decisions. Which were made one at a time, by the idiots.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.