Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    magnum1 , if you are so unhappy you should leave.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magnum1

Magnum1 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    NJ
    You need to learn how to read. Where did I state that I was unhappy? If you can not find me actually posting that I'm unhappy, you better eat your words and apologize.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. willwonka

willwonka Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2012
    luverne, AL
    im happy here at mercer for the year of 2011 was 2.00 a mile with my dead head and i have the papers to show it....and mercer is not a trailer co. they have trailers there to help the drivers that cant get a trailer on there on.. so if you where here for nine months you should have figured out where to run and not to..i make good money and have good home time.its not for everyone.some people come in with high hopes of making 3.00 a mile and its not there or any where.. so have a good one at your new job and i hope its not landstar

5. willwonka

willwonka Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2012
    luverne, AL
    they have a lot of team freight

SheepDog Thanks this.
  6. vorcutt

vorcutt Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Yukon, OK
    OK, I am a 3 year Landstar low profile step deck operator (30 years total experience), who has made good money here and enjoys the freedom of not answering to a dispatcher. However, I find that with the decreasing quality of our agents and not having any support on a corporate level when there is a dispute (and recently there have been several) I am tempted to move on. On the surface, Mercer looks like a good outfit and I beleive dips from the same freight pond as Landstar. I live in Oklahoma and like most guys my age and experience level, enjoy longer loads, chosing where I want to run, and good home time. Is Mercer the kind of company that can provide high quality freight without trying to make you feel like they own you? I hope to see replies from Op's presently or recently with Mercer.
    Thanks!

7. bulldogroush

bulldogroush Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2012
    just started at mercer and i have been very happy. the r there when u need them and that is it! cant believe i waited as long as i did to join them

8. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    vorcutt, No, probably not.

9. Travelinman

Travelinman Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    How much can you reasonably gross at Mercer? Is $200k+ per year out of the question?

10. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    no, not at all. in fact easy if you know what youre doing

Travelinman Thanks this.
  11. Travelinman

Travelinman Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Is it practical to gross the 200k with them, while still getting weekly runs thru the Atlanta area or would this SEVERLY sacrifice earning potential?
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.