mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. kjoseph

kjoseph Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Huntington WV
    I84, Connecticut east at Waterbury they are emissions testing with so many customers they're moving them to the next exit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckin_Texas91411

Truckin_Texas91411 Light Load Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Texas
    Of course. I do it enough I should have all of it memorized by now. Be safe.

4. JR OTR

JR OTR Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Mine has done this for years. The solution is simple (and always works for me) -

Turn the unit to AC mode and set the temp to 50 degrees

You'll hear the glow plugs warming up and about a second later you'll hear a "click" sound. At this point the unit will be in autostart mode and you should change the temp to 90 or whatever yours maxes out at.

One of two things will happen: if it chugs for a few seconds then starts running normally wait for about 30 seconds then turn your temp to whatever you want and you're golden.

If it chokes and stops then immediate turn off the main power button on the left side... this makes it so it doesn't trip the breaker. Wait a second, turn everything back on then start the AC mode again (and it will run this time).

The other thing you can do to make your AC start and keep going more reliably, you can set the AC clutch engagement timer from the default setting of 8 seconds to 20 or 30. This gives the unit longer to get going and work out the kinks before it tries to spin up the compressor and fan on back of your cab. Have a tech at TK show you how (there's about 10 steps).

Good luck,

Jim

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    sounds like its losing prime and has air bubles. It will start and die within 1 sec like its starving for fuel. after couple trys its fine. once its running if i turn it off it will start back up right away lol

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I would start by looking for the check valve

7. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Does the carrier have an electric fuel pump?

8. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    What does this emission testing consist of? Do they plug up to your truck ? or check exhaust coming out the stacks. For example, would a 2004-2007 with the EGR deleted pass the emission testing.

I am just curious , I haven't been up on that Dirty side in many years, come to think of it, crap like this is the reason I quit going .. LOL

9. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    They put something in ur exhaust to measure ur ox and stuff. If you fail u get a big fat ticket $$$

whoopNride Thanks this.
  10. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    whoopNride Thanks this.
  11. kjoseph

kjoseph Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Huntington WV
    Beats me. I got waved thru so other than reading the state vehicles door stickers and the two pieces of equipment I have no idea what the reasoning or outcomes were.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.