mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    All for him doing it himself....if that is acceptable from the warranty's stand point. It's not like he wasn't a mechanic in his former career, LOL. (Um, he's replacing the clutch in Lil' Red while he's home.)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Sometimes I just don't feel like doing it, so I'll have it done. Not very often though.

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Man, why is it every single reefer has to park beside me. If i nose in, they nose in. If i back in, they back in.

Highway Sailor and roshea Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    How can who does a pm effect the warranty? Just keep the records right.

roshea Thanks this.
  6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Cause they are old, and two ,can't fit the under the truck.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  7. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    Or we have a (sort of) gravel driveway, and we've had a butt ton of rain......and the tow bill for pulling a tractor out of my mudbog is very, very high. And that isn't even if it's stuck. (Long story short. He came home, parked off the drive. It rained like a mother the morning he was supposed to leave. Couldn't gain any traction at all. The tow up the 200 foot drive was $1.75 per foot.)

ETA: that was a couple of years ago.

8. DragonTamerBrat

Jun 6, 2011
    It's a new truck. And they do tend to come with maintenance requirements. However, I looked up the maintenance intervals suggested by Cummins, and prices on oil. I am calling around for filter and bulk oil prices tomorrow. (It's not tomorrow till I wake up. So there. :p)

9. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    I do minor repairs and change my own fuel filters between oil changes, but I have a shop do the oil changes. 1, I don't like to get dirty. 2, I don't want to have to fool with disposing of the old oil. To me, I'm getting my money's worth out of being lazy and letting them do it.

10. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Make sure to get a tarp repair kit. It will save your greenbacks for better things.

Man this thread gets harder and harder for me to find. I must have turned off notifications or something. Anyway there is a new #1 on the west board as I finally took something out of here yesterday. 3 months out here was 2.9 months too long this time around. Think I'll stay away til summer.

1. I'm too lazy.
    2. Disposing of oil is a pain.
    3. Did I mention I was lazy?

11. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    2 loads of limerock, and rent either a tractor with a blade or a bobcat. If you're going to own a truck you gotta be able to get in and out of your driveway or rent a secure location. For about a grand you could build a limerock pad for the truck and trailer. Obviously concrete is better, but cost a lot more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.