mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    But as someone who runs the area often, but lives 75 miles from Savannah and 175 from Atlanta, those areas are better than Baltimore, but there is a group of guys that live in Baltimore, they call themselves the "w9 boys" if you run into one of them , they can fill you in

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Interesting tweak to the system. I will say I like it in theory but let's hope it works. I think for those of us that book ahead it will be a positive change. But Mercer doesn't really have a great record when it comes to change with me. Here's to wishing.

Highway Sailor, RStewart, 2CAN and 5 others Thank this.
  4. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I know most folks don't like the east coast North east that's why I was hoping it would be easy to load out. I know it takes time to figure what areas are better than others. Not really worried about where I go. Just want to get signed on and get rolling. I know once I get going I'll be able to figure out where to go to stay loaded. I appreciate all you guys! I was told you were a helpful bunch.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  5. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Well , it seems you know the routine. You load out from there to get rolling, now keep in mind, many guys here after a while get picky. If you will load a heavier load and tarp, you will do fine out of bmore

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    BigBob410 Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Well bummer... After sitting waiting 4 hours to be loaded I was informed my load was cancelled... That stinks on a friday!!! Agent advised she put in for TONU... I didnt ask her, Anyone know how long that takes to receive? She said "put in for it" so I'm guessing it's no guarantee?

7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You get paid if and when the customer pays. same as detention. Dont expect it for at least 6 weeks.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  8. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Don't feel alone , same thing happened to me in brenham, Texas. After 2 hours in crane bay , I am told product isn't painted yet and no idea of when it would be , so a 250 tonu at 3 pm on Friday. I did however book a load to jersey for Monday out of Houston, one valve , no tarp for 2.01. I been running a recap for over 4 weeks , a welcome weekend in houston

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  9. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Cj, it is a very positive change for people who book ahead, empty still will be first in line, but in reality when you are booking 7 days out and more , empty trucks aren't really a factor unless an empty guy is booking a load leaving home a week away.

But don't worry about this change , most won't even know it occured , it won't be even obvious on the load board in reality.

Heck most didn't know how position was determined for advance loads anyway.

But for those who are aggressive on booking ahead, and work the load board, this is a welcome change.

But don't sweat the change, everything was in place already. Just simply a matter letting it happen.

I wonder how many knew what their position on booking ahead was determined? Now it won't matter. But just curious

2CAN and Razorwyr Thank this.
  10. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Not that it really matters for me anymore cause I'm no longer there, but for curiosity sake, how is your position determined when booking advanced? I never understood that part when I was there.

whoopNride and 2CAN Thank this.
  11. Mr huds

Mr huds Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Briggsville AR
    From the way it sounds if empty wait for it to run but if booking ahead the odds are any load you commit to is yours except CBD sounds good to me

2CAN and larry2903 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.