mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Would of thought the discount would be bigger over there. Il and Wisconsin are high cost fueling states.

Basic rule of thumb: the more competition between chains in a certain area the less our discount is cause they are already driving each other down closer to cost price. Take 85 in South Carolina. Our discount isn't as deep because the posted cash price is so close to their cost. Compare that to Florida where the chains basically collude with each other on pricing so the listed cash price is quite a bit higher over their cost, our discount gets us fuel at a much bigger savings over cash price in these areas.

Gotta remember our discount(like every carriers) is based on cost price plus x cents per gallon.

Rickp and HalpinUout Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Pilot.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    On my air dryer how do I know if I should replace the purge valve or just cartridge? It's starting to studder a little
    .. Will a new cartridge do trick? $70 for cartridge $112 for purge valve and $550 for whole new dryer.....

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    change the purge valve and cartridge

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  6. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    I made it through Friday the 13. Trucked parked for the weekend. Well a flatbed drivers weekend.
    So if they put you oos while your off what happens and what do you have to do to start running again. Just curious I run Qualcomm.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  7. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    we have to just send our logs in and it will prob just remove the oos.. i dont really mess with my phone when im home so its gonna suck. I look for loads while im home so i may miss a load for being oos?:(

8. frt60

frt60 Medium Load Member

May 22, 2014
    Just more micro management from mercer .do as i say or you will be oos ,why dont they follow the fed guildelines

9. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I know. This is stupid. Before it's all over with this dang log rules in may be time to buy an older truck & get my own numbers. Lol.

I had to buy a little fuel at pilot in Illinois yesterday. The discount was $0.05 of the pump price. I always fuel at Loves unless I have to fuel somewhere else. I do it for the rewards mainly. I will not fuel at pilot/flying j unless I have to. I like TA/Petro, just not enough of them around.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  10. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Next question is where the Heck is the Air dryer... I swear I've seen it but it's currently evading me... I'm thinking I've seen it up under the truck... Shouldn't he hard to miss the cartridge... Cummins ISX15. Not crawling under right now

11. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Have you thought about getting the QC? Since I've been here I haven't had a single issue with it. I think it was worth the price... When I had a DOT inspection then Trooper just looked at it for maybe 5 seconds and said OK your good... Is it similar with your system?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.