mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Keller you can't edit much but you can edit the start time of your current status as long as it doesn't overwrite any drive time.

For example: say I'm doing a split sleeper berth. I go in sleeper and at midnight Keller tends to switch me over to off duty. The next day when I put it back on sleeper I can edit the start time back to midnight so I don't lose the 8 hours in the sleeper I need for the split.

Same thing can be done when you log in and it puts you on duty. Go off duty and edit start time to cover the on duty portion and the on duty will go away.

It's much easier on the omnitracs. With Keller you just have to be more diligent.

Mr huds Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I wish.

I spent 3 hours in line to get it washed. It was crazy.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm getting "Error Retrieving Available Loads" message on the board... Anyone else having issues? Got the same message last night.

5. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    I get the error too. Contractors web is supposed to be down later today but maybe something theyre working on is already affecting it. Thought it was weird too that my coordinator called me friday to see how much fuel money i wanted for the load im picking up today just in case there are system problems this weekend.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  6. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    i spent 3 hours at the joplin BB:(

7. PolishPrince

PolishPrince Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Chicago
    Mercer ever have any wiggle room on experience requirements?

8. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Driving experience is 2 years minimum I believe.

9. PolishPrince

Jan 11, 2017
    Chicago
    Website says 1 year if I remember correctly.

10. PolishPrince

Jan 11, 2017
    Chicago
    Yea it's 1 year of trucking experience and 6months with flatbed work. I'm wondering if they would take me with 6 months each. I'd go buy a truck 6months faster.

11. Mr huds

Mr huds Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Briggsville AR
    Your logs are still on your tablet or phone when you switch to inspection mode those Are what DOT are aloud to access

I did the same thing Pete did last weekend so I just created a paper log for Friday with the correct hours and certified it and ran the jj Keller said I was out of hrs but still keep correct Logs and that’s what DOT looks at the Logs they don’t care what status JJ Keller thinks you are in

When I talk to the log department about no one being there on weekends they told me that the new eld reg states drive have to edit there own logs and the JJ Keller system we are using has been grandfathered in and JJ Keller has a few months to change the programming for us to edit Logs

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.