mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Truck I found the blink codes online. I really hate these abs systems.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm guessing the Tariffs signed on imported steel and aluminum will help the flatbed industry? I know when I did container work I would see lots of that stuff come in from overseas. Not looking to make this political either.

Crusader66 Thanks this.
  4. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    It might, but I think it won' be much different, just a matter of where we pick it up from. Coming from overseas or Missouri, they still need it in ohio type of thing. Where it comes from doesn't change the demand.... but I could easily be wrong.

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    So turns out an ABS line rubbed.. Sad part in order to replace it i gotta replace all 4 as there is an updated one for International...

Highway Sailor, thaistick and RStewart Thank this.
  6. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    I had an abs issue when i first came to Mercer. John at Knowles was knowledgeable enough about Freightliners that he knew a new harness was available that was able to solve the problem versus buy the box which was a $1000.
    Electrical problems take some patience...

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  7. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    They might hire some more workers at the steel plants if demand increases, but last I heard there are only like 180,000 steel workers and its doubtful that they will build any new plants but if so most would be automated. There is already some talk about Mexico, Canada, and S. Korea getting exceptions on those tariffs.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  8. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    Called and got a couple estimates to wire up the truck for the axle dump on a flatbed. Price seemed insane. Who has done it themselves and can tell me how long it took them?

9. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    LOL. I unfortunately paid to have it done and my jaw dropped when I got the bill. Absolutely insane!!! Super trucker Dan has a video on YouTube of how he did it, I would check that out.

thaistick, Rickp and Crusader66 Thank this.
  10. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    @Rickp maybe call Arthur truck repair and see what they would charge. They are in the Mercer lot with the white van. They do a lot of odd n ends jobs

Crusader66 and Rickp Thank this.
  11. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    Forgot about Arthur's. Called knowles but he said they wont do it and refer everyone to apex trailer shop. Most i can say for them is it was lower than freightliner, but not much.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.