mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I would refuse to haul it. At one time Mercer could look in the computer system and see when it changed. Call your coordinator and contractor relations and ask about the load.

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    They still can look at the history of the load to see if there was a change in rate.

Another thing that happens often is a load is uploaded at x rate, then gets posted again later at a higher rate. Many times that's the agent adding money out of his 8% or mercer adding some out of their 17%. But the way it's coded in the system when dispatched the contractor web board will show it still at x rate, the additional money is a separate line item revenue and won't show up till you get the settlement after processing the bol. If you call your coordinate they can look and verify the extra money is on the load.

RStewart Thanks this.
  4. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    It's either haul it or sit for who knows how long.

They're denying that anything changed, but I know what the rate was when I commited.

JonJon78 and RStewart Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I ran a load a couple of weeks ago for a HUGE brokerage house. I quibbled with the agent on price and settled on a rate. I received the ratecon and it was $300 MORE.

So, I electronically signed it and sent it back. Ran the load and billed it accordingly. I figure the guy just liked me and added an extra $300 LOL

thaistick, intrepidor and spyder7723 Thank this.
  6. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Was it a large amount or just a small amount that would be explained by a difference in weight or fsc updating?

7. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    That is true. I've had agents offer to pay more but it doesn't reflect it on the load info but it was on the settlement.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Im all but done..putting in my resume for jobs back home...not putting up this bunch of bs anymore.

I glide 47 and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Another game that gets played with some of these Agents is shorting the Mileage... You gotta make sure to watch for that trick.

I can see a few miles but when it gets up to 40, 50 etc etc that ridiculous. Over the course of the year that all adds up and for a one truck owner that can be a lot of money. It's hard enough to make a buck out here as is.

MSU out of Pennsylvania is BIG time into that game as is BAT out of Georgia. I wont haul for neither one of those Agents.

I've called both of them out on it and they both play the stupid card. MSU tried shorting the load about 110 miles... That's highway robbery.

That's also why I like booking my own freight because then I calculate mileage prior to booking versus having my coordinator calling offering me loads.

Most of the Agents I work with the majority of the time are spot on with the mileage but you gotta stay on your toes.

mtoo Thanks this.
  10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Many agents post the miles the shipper (many shippers have invested in hhg mileage programs) is paying on and don't take the extra step to run the miles themselves. You will find this problem at every agent based carrier.

RStewart Thanks this.
  11. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I agree, the majority of the agents here are good about it and if something is off by more than a few they will correct it and add money to the rate to make it right. With the exception of the 2 I've mentioned.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.