mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Yes it is possible I'm doing something wrong.

But in case you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one that's saying there's a lack of freight and low rates here.

You did mention you're pulling a step. That's been one of the problems I've had numerous times, good loads for steps but nothing for a flat.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  4. sbaumann14

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    82% of my loads have been flat/step

5. sbaumann14

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    And yes I’ll agree there is a little or lack of freight and low rates. But you have to adjust. This isnt 2018
    I’m averaging $2.18 a mile for every mile put on this truck. Is it great? No. Is it survivable? Absolutely. That’ll get me through to the next year with things hopefully will improve

6. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    That's the Peru to Newark.

7. sbaumann14

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    My bad....i was thinking w
    I was thinking white plaines..my bad...the newark is a better option anyway

8. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Its not an option at all when ya can't get there in time to load it.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Dont come off as a know it all now with 6 months here.

I'm in the same position as him, no matter where I go or do i cant win as I've posted. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong also :rolleyes:

I made good/decent money here my first couple of years, but this year has been pitiful.

I talk daily with a couple of drivers I'm friends with thats leased ( one just left here after nearly 6 years ) here and they are in the same exact position as me and the couple of guys that's on this site, ain't making any money. Cant win. 1 decent week followed by 2 bad weeks.

Maybe it's just luck of the draw type of deal.

If a load hasn't cancelled on me, got 20 empty trucks in front of me, or if a single load in my area ain't been posted all day it just wouldn't be right.

SMH

drvrtech77 and PoleCrusher Thank this.
  10. Corso1504

Corso1504 Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2017
    Anybody that don't see it's a prob at Mercer is living in a fantasy world lol. For whatever reason they just don't have the customer base anymore. Other companies are flourishing still today so it's not the whole industry excuse bs. And let's really talk, certain trucks most definitely see certain loads. I'll never be convinced that the guys who are always in The truck shows and guys that have these big house sleepers brand new are pulling the same freight as regular guys just walking in. It's definitely favoritism. That's why coordinators who were top notch have been fired because they pulled the rug out from under agents and challenged Mercer.. The result was they got fired.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The problem is folks here keeps a in freight is slow in comparison to Last year yes fraid as slow down a bit because it was ridiculously busy early last year...

But I paid attention to the freight numbers that I get every week to my email and I'm sayin flat out the numbers don't coincide with what is going on over here...

I have been say in for weeks and weeks and weeks now that they flatbed load the truck ratio has been North of 20% plus which means there are far more loads then there's trucks yet there's no freight over here....

I have a friend of mine who owns multiple trucks and he had them both leased on the here and he pulled the lease 2 weeks ago....

There is something categorically going on wrong here and according to my coordinator management is being very tight lipped about it....

I've had several customers tell me they're dying for trucks flat beds especially but yet nothing going on....

And I know for a fact one of the customers the freight pays exceptionally well but yet we're not in there....

JonJon78 and RStewart Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.