Meyer Transport in New Orleans. Is this a lease co?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Nolandia1, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Nolandia1

Nolandia1 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Has any OO worked at Meyer Transport in Nola? I am not an OO yet but just looking at local companies. I’m curious to know how leasing works with off time. Are you required as an OO to work the same as a company driver? Say if you wanted to take a week off, do you have to ask for time off or do you just take it? Any info is appreciated thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    I can’t help those questions, but I’ve talked to their drivers who used to haul from Ft Smith back to New Orleans, they all seemed happy.

Nolandia1 Thanks this.
  4. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    LOL.... You can take off when you want. The question you need to ask is. To be successful as an O/O. How many hours do you put in to make it? Here’s a hint as a company driver you turn off the truck get your stuff out of it and go home. You won’t do that as a successful O/O. Not for a while anyway.......

blacklabel and Nolandia1 Thank this.
  5. Nolandia1

Nolandia1 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2018

6. Nolandia1

Nolandia1 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Just wondering cause the ad makes it sound like a company driver. It says ‘weekends required’ so what happens if you take a Saturday off here and there?? Is it frowned upon? I work in food service now and it’s kicking my ### with these 65+ hour weeks. Asking for a day off is almost blasphemous. I feel like being an O/O would be the same hours but it would be on my terms.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Call them and ask. I didn’t know they had O/Os. Plenty of Local Company Drivers. Steady work. Easy to get along with them.

Nolandia1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.