Millis Transfer - Millis Training Institute

Discussion in 'Millis' started by 5tree1, Sep 19, 2007.

1. 5tree1

5tree1 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Spring Green, WI
    Hi all,

I started school recently with MTI in Richfield, WI, and just wanted to let anyone that is interested in Millis to seriously check them out. I am still in school, so I'm not sure what the finished result will be when I'm done, but so far, the training has been great. It is a small class, 4 guys, so we get plenty of driving time. The instructor is very knowledgeable and I would recommend Millis to anyone who is looking to get into the business. I have talked to several drivers and they all seem to be very happy working for Millis.

I will update again on my progress at Millis/MTI.

5TREE1

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bengalman

bengalman Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2007
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Iwill be starting oct 5th in Trenton oh.I have read alot of positive very little negitive on millis.The only thing that I dont like is you have to go out and drive four to six weeks then take your test.

4. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Bengalman, You will take your CDL test while on the road with your trainers truck. It will be up to you to call your state and set up your driving test. At the end of your 4 to 6 weeks you will take a road test will Millis before you get your own truck.

Mark

5. Designors

Designors Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    NM
    Most of the companies out there that offer training require you to do 4 - 6 weeks .... they base their decision on how short or long it is on your trainer .... if after 2 weeks he says you are good to go then you go from there .... then again you could get one that after 6 weeks says you need more

It all depends on how fast you catch on to everything .... I have been outta long haul for awhile and running straight trucks .... so I have been told minimum that I either take a 1 week refresher course and go straight to 1st seat or train for a couple weeks with someone .... cheaper for me to train with someone and get paid for it than to pay out the money for the course

6. mindbender

mindbender Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2007
    East Coast
    I applied with Mills this weekend. How long does it take to hear back from them? How long does it take to get to school?

7. TruckingBum

TruckingBum Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ga
    Not long at all just give them a call and double check your app has been recieved

8. mindbender

Aug 11, 2007
    East Coast
    What about getting into school? Maverick is 5 weeks and Schneider is 3. How long does it take them any idea?

9. TruckingBum

TruckingBum Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ga
    i think school at millis is three weeks

10. 5tree1

5tree1 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Spring Green, WI

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep calling them to check on the status of your application. It only took a few days for me to hear back from them. When I talked with Jazz, she said that I could have started as soon as 2 weeks from the time that we talked, but it all depends on how many people are in the class too. I have 4 in my class, but the class before me had 7 in it, so I it just depends on the class size. The smaller class size the better. If they told you that you could start class next week in a class of 8 people, or in 3 weeks in a class of 3 or 4, it may be beneficial for you to wait, since you'd get a lot more seat time.

Where are you planning on attending school if accepted?

11. mindbender

Aug 11, 2007
    East Coast
    What is the pay for rookies?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.