More bad news.......

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by femalecdla, Jan 27, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not to mention increased security requirements for the Real ID Act, if you are not in compliance with a renewed CDL by 2020 or in a state that refuses to allow a enhanced CDL (And all other licenses) you will find the trucker unable to access federal installations, military bases or go cross border. Or even board domestic flights and courthouses etc.

That is one development already underway at our Revenuer (DMV to you "Yankees" Tease...) I cannot begin to imagine the minefield of all the other things required of or pending to be of a trucker and states in the future. makes me very happy that I had my time with Bubba and a half tank of gas plus a truck to test back in the 80's long before there was a CDL post 1991 and NAFTA post 1995. I got away with so much back then. Which is probably why I am paying for it now should I need to get back out there (Which isnt going to happen now that they finally put my medicines under the drug test schedule as of JAN 1... where previously I could do actual hourly work as a boss with meds in my system....) and so on so forth etc.

I have had thoughts about being a Expat elsewhere in the world should America become illegal to exist and breathe the regulated air... //SARCASM....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Jim, thank you for that very detailed post, it is good. I was an examiner from Dec. 1993 thru Nov. 1996, so much has changed. Pennsylvania was an early adopter of AAMVA standards, with some tweaks, most of which have been recently reversed. We are currently fully compliant and do participate in multi state exams, which is a good thing for our neighbors in NJ and NY who usually face 4 month or longer wait times for testing.

As a compliance consultant with an eye towards starting a school and third party testing facility of my own in the near future I have kept abreast of the changes. I am aware of the prohibition on banking, or topic training and testing and I don't think that is what the OP's school was doing. I do think they had an integrity issue with either their exam process or examiner (s). It happens, just this week Luzurne Community College in Pennsylvania had their third party exams disqualified which has resulted in many already licensed truckers needing to retest at a state run facility. This is a respectable community college, somif it can happen at a good educational institution it can happen at a less than reputable on for sure.

Bottom line, I believe the school was caught doing something wrong and tried to play it off as a recent DMV procedural change.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    If you think you're depressed and angry now, just wait until you actually start working as a driver.
    All the training, hassles, studying, testing, training, and money spent... all for a job to work 7 days a week, 12-14 hours per day for $350.00-$750.00 a week.
    Keep posting; as you personally experience these lousy conditions and pay, it would be nice to warn others from making the same mistake as yourself ( like so many others) as I am making every effort to do now.

5. Drive-by-Yogi

Drive-by-Yogi Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Memphis, TN
    I hear you on the name naming until you get through that nightmare and I won't bother with a "sunk cost fallacy" discussion...Safe to say it sounds like it would be worth it to extend that name naming to your state's BBB and/or attorney general after you make that disclosure on this forum. Don't know the full deets, but seems about as predatory as it gets. Sheesh.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. TechD

TechD Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2018
    So what happened? Did you ever get this behind you?? Get any of your money back?

What's the name of the trucking school and where is it?

Mooze and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.